Ranked "Kickball" Planning Thread

ZooMzy

Hello everyone! This is merely a thread to discuss plans for forming "kickball" pug teams to battle against each other in the ranked que, in terms of time, place, sides, teams, voice channel usage, etc! Anything that needs discussion!

To kick things off however, I would like to ask when you guys would like to plan the next ranked kickball? I am personally am good for whenever time period, I think, but I would like this to take place a few days after this thread at least, in order to give enough time for people to spread the word etc.

As for leadership, I can lead things Impside unless someone else is dying to take on the role, and if someone is up for taking up Pubside lead, please post here!

Thanks guys!

-Zu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherribomb

Smash Jugg

I am available most week nightsafter 8 or 8:30 pm server. Friday nights are best. week ends are good too.

Splendid! For now, I think since you're the only one that responded, we can work on hosting a few kickball matches around 8:30 server time.

How does July 3rd sound for everyone? It'll be close, as the fourth is a huge summer holiday, but it'd be a good opportunity to run a few matches on the nights where most people aren't raiding (I think most guilds run Tues and Thurs, right?)

Just Fyi pubside has been having impromptu ranked kicked ball every night for the past few days, Dingfu has been setting it up. You may want to contact him to get something rolling. He usually grabs people from fleet because im pretty sure only about 5% of the people in game read these forums.

Just Fyi pubside has been having impromptu ranked kicked ball every night for the past few days, Dingfu has been setting it up. You may want to contact him to get something rolling. He usually grabs people from fleet because im pretty sure only about 5% of the people in game read these forums.

Right, I was mostly looking to have the people willing to help lead post in here as a medium of communication. You know, arranging nights to run this and stuff like that.

But yeah, I'll send him a mail on a Pubside toon sometime soon!

Here, let's go ahead and set a date.

This July 3rd, be on around 8:30 PM server time. I can give everyone that is interested in going the info to my TS channel to coordinate these teams effectively on that night, and we can hopefully get some good matches going between the people interested in coming along when we spam the general chat.

Pubside, same thing goes. We'll try to bring the que to life a bit that night, and if it works, we may make it a weekly/daily thing. See you guys there! :)

im up for the next one. any time, preferrably 8-11 pm (GMT-8)

Deyvon - Deception Assassin (khollasuyu)

Kallpa - Bodyguard Mercenary

i can probably get some guildmates in on this too.

Tonight was a huge success! We had 3 groups que'd at the same time. We didn't see any Pubs but for everyone else who que'd with us, Thanks!

So let's keep this momentum going and say officially every Wednesday night at 8:30 server, we do this again. Please add me, Juniormonk, for coordinating.

Unofficially if want to do this nightly then let everyone know.

cheers,

monk

Edited by Juniormonk

Tonight went very well thank you to every one that showed up. it was great to get in and do some ranked and get to know people I have never grouped with before. I would love to be invited back, and even help with coordinating again. Great turn out.;)

Those matches were intense! Thanks everyone, I'll definitely try to make myself available for the next round. =)

If we have a bunch of imps next time and some pubs struggling to get a team together I can always rock Pichan or Rikkel... but I dun mind some imp on imp fun either so whatever is needed at the time is good enough fer me!

It would be awesome if we could start queuing earlier and keep the groups running throughout the evening. I know several East Coasters who wanted to play last night but couldn't because of the late (for us) start. We didn't have any problems filling spots when people had to drop so I don't imagine it would be difficult to get things running a couple of hours earlier and keep them going.

I also highly suggest that if anyone is planning to queue up that they download a voice chat client or two ahead of time. Our team was using Mumble and I believe one of the other groups was on Vent. Even if you don't have a mic or want to talk at all, it's a great help to everyone on the team if you can at least hear game plans, calls for help, etc.

It would be awesome if we could start queuing earlier and keep the groups running throughout the evening. I know several East Coasters who wanted to play last night but couldn't because of the late (for us) start. We didn't have any problems filling spots when people had to drop so I don't imagine it would be difficult to get things running a couple of hours earlier and keep them going.

I also highly suggest that if anyone is planning to queue up that they download a voice chat client or two ahead of time. Our team was using Mumble and I believe one of the other groups was on Vent. Even if you don't have a mic or want to talk at all, it's a great help to everyone on the team if you can at least hear game plans, calls for help, etc.

What she said

really we made it work fairly well with the few of us on Mumble but being able to comunicate would be a HUGE bonus. currently there are 3 main voice chats that are used

Ventrilo- the old standby

Mumble- IMO a slight upgrade from vent

Team Speak- I dont have alot of experience with this but it seems to be popular

I would recomend searching and downloading one of these voice chats as a user. Also if you are invited to use someones voices chat please respect that some one pays for that client and they are are sharing with you so you dont have to pay. :) I must say my group was a pleasure to have in chat.