No Target bug

Phorenzyk

Old 03.14.2012 , 10:41 AM | #1

Report Post Quote

...when targeting an NPC or Player (in PvP). It says no target every time I try any ability. Have them targeted with the red ring around their feet (clearly targeted) and I can't launch any ability at them. This goes for friendly players too. Can't guard or heal other player either.

Everything works fine after a game restart and then it randomly comes back after a bit of playing.

Is anyone else experiencing this? No other threads came up when I did a few different searches.

Trying a repair from the launcher now, hope it fixes the problem.

edit: repair did not catch anything wrong. Did no patching.

Over a year later, bug still exists... I have this exact problem on my operative, same results from testing it. Only seems to happen in PVP. WTB fix, will trade continuing my subscription.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=358096

Yeah, this bug still exists, and it's worse than it was. Used to be, it only happened when switching instances on the same planet, which only affected people who wanted to team for Heroic4s, or solo times when one wanted to try and escape an overcrowded instance.

As of a couple patches ago, it now has a chance to happen every time you hit a loading screen. And yes, that means Warzones, too. The Devs are still ignoring it, though.

Edited by JLazarillo

Can we get some dev response here?

This has made the game completely unplayable for me. If this goes on much longer being totally ignored, I'm going to have to start asking for compensation before I consider giving you people money again.

This has made the game completely unplayable for me. If this goes on much longer being totally ignored, I'm going to have to start asking for compensation before I consider giving you people money again.

Probably too much to ask. They've ignored it this long, they'll probably just go on ignoring it. I have a thread I've started in the main General Discussion forum since it's been getting ignored here, too, but it's mostly player suggestions that haven't worked either.

The only thing is that it seems like it might be fixed in 2.3, but I've only done a few cursory tests of it, and haven't been able to check on intra-planet instances since there's not enough population on the PTS.

• 2 weeks later...

Searching around, got the same bug. Instead of actually targeting them, it's focus targeting them. Restarting the game twice seemed to fix it.

Edit: for now. I know it's still an ongoing bug.

Edited by klonkimo

• 2 months later...

This thread describes a number or bugs I too am having with my characters during Operations. I have just made a second post about it http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685192 as my first one went unanswered and then got removed.

I'm on the verge of quitting the game because it's so frustrating to be the only person in raid that cannot help.

• 7 months later...