Key numbers for doing HM S&V/TfB?

I was gearing my Guardian. She is in a mix of 66 and 69 gear. Her enhancements are pretty well optimized with crafted 66 purples (stacking mostly defense). She has no set bonus, since her equipment is mostly from HM FPs and crafted 66s. Below are the stats she has.

HP 30600

DR 45.3

Defense 19.5

Shield 36.54

Absorb 22.37

Relic slots are: Arkanian Relic of Fortunate Redoubt, Battlemaster Relic of Imperiling Serenity

Is she ready for HM Ops, and if not, what needs to be improved?

Edited by MasterGladius

Yeah you should be fine then. You're numbers are slightly below mine when I started HM TFB post 2.0. You might want to bring your Absorb a little bit next and try pick up the Veracity Implants and Earpiece then you should be fine. The implants/ear don't usually cost too much.

Relatedly, I've been debating augment choices - should we be full defense augd, or should defense get to 20% with normal gear, so we should shield or abs augment instead? I haven't seen any breakdown threads like I did with my shadow, but I might have missed them.

Thanks!

Should have clarified. I've seen those (I live by them), but the question was specifically regarding augmentation. Given a pool of X available points, A should go to defense, B to shield, C to absorb, yes, I know - but the question is if A is achievable given mods and enhancements, and thus I should augment for B instead, or etc. Does that make sense?

Basically, I'm just wondering if I stack defense augs, will I end up over-compensating on defense and then need to swap out for shield, etc., or if we're intended to stack defense and then use absorb mods instead of defense, for example.

I have already made the mistake, but the answer is maybe. I did end up overcompensating for Defense slightly (I have 1060 Defense with a 1970 budget), so the remaining slots will all be Absorb. I think Shield is a nonissue since it is on absolutely every piece of gear you will ever use.

Yea it seems you just end up with all Absorb augs in the 66/69 area.

I tanked this crap in full 66 plus one 69 piece. Rough, but doable (had several scary moments, but it wasn't a faceroll like with a tank in full 69/72). As others said, keep your stats by Dipstick and Keyboard Ninja's recommendations. There seems to be a serious DR with Defense over 17% without stim.

Make sure you stim. Even if they're 50k each on your server its worth it.

Edited by Maelael

Make sure you stim. Even if they're 50k each on your server its worth it.

Funny you say that. Most of the time I run with a Strength stim and only pop the Endurance one around the 30s mark in high damage fights like Thrasher HM or Writhing Horror NiM. I'm a Biochem so I've got no downside to doing that.

With the augments there are no 'rules' as to what to use. Look at your stat budget w.r.t. KBN or dipstik's threads and use your augments to bring you closer to ideal. That is likely to be (at most) 1-2 Shield augments at higher budgets and then the rest as Defence/Absorb ones depending on your other gear. If you have lots of Defence already it'll be 4-8 Absorb ones and if you have plenty of Absorb already it'll be 8-10 Defence ones.