Fix/Remake Trooper Ammo Bar!

AdamChattaway

After the change of commando ammo to now be a 100 point resource system like the bounty hunter, you failed to remake the ammo bar for the trooper leaving it with a shoddy looking 12 point ammo bar that is extremely hard to interpret how much we have left as the bar just fill over the top of the 12 ammo picture.

Please fix this and add maybe 100 little ammo bars or or ammo blocks per 10/25 ammo thanks.

Edited by AdamChattaway

Or at least have a little counter when we enable the extra info.

Yea on all classes its silly that show information does not show resource only health numbers, that needs fixing to, funny how 13 years on new mmos dont have simple things that mmos 13 years ago had lol... devs are so lazy these days.

Or...know what skills do what to your resources and stop watching your resources like a hawk. I never get below 50% ammo ever on my trooper due to proper management, a giant blocky bar works fine when you learn your class.

However, aesthetically I agree that having blocks of ammo is odd and individual slots would be preferable on an art/aesthetic level. Gameplay level however it is pretty meaningless as you only need to really get cue's for what level of regeneration you are at.

Or...know what skills do what to your resources and stop watching your resources like a hawk. I never get below 50% ammo ever on my trooper due to proper management, a giant blocky bar works fine when you learn your class.

However, aesthetically I agree that having blocks of ammo is odd and individual slots would be preferable on an art/aesthetic level. Gameplay level however it is pretty meaningless as you only need to really get cue's for what level of regeneration you are at.

Yes but i count ammo so if a skill uses 25 ammo and i do not want to drop below 50 at all or it will give me negative regen i need to know exactly when i can cast my next 25 heal from 75 power to not go below 50, i could cast it with 65 energy and therefor drop below 50 and give myself bad regen, this is why i need numbers, before i was very good at timing my ammo blocks but not its just frustrating to see it regen and try to determine if i can cast my heal right now or not.

• 3 months later...

*necro*

This problem is still relevant. It is IMPOSSIBLE to properly manage ammo if you can't even see how much ammo you have, only make a vague interpretation based on how many bars you have left, but this is by no means accurate, makes it so difficult to control it properly. Mercenary has heat and you can enable it to show EXACTLY how much heat you have with numbers, why the hell can't we do this with troopers?

We need this fixed! :(

EDIT:

To add a bit more detail -

On a mercenary, 40 heat leaves you with max regeneration. Going to 41 or higher, however, lowers your regeneration rate. That means by going over 40 heat your DPS is INSTANTLY lowered a little, haven't got as much resources to work with.. but, since we can actually see the exact numbers, we can learn slowly exactly how much one of our abilities will cost and by that definition time it properly so that we never go above 40 heat. Only when necessary and when burning, of course.

Now. On trooper, we can't see numbers. So we have no way of telling how much ammo we have, apart from the vague representation of the ammo bar. So it is actually impossible to tell precisely whether an ability will take you over the limit. Which means you lose DPS. Which is *********** annoying, considering how small a fix it would be to add the numbers in.

Edited by Neleb

• 3 weeks later...

COUGHBUMPCOUGH

No replies? Really, nobody else is bugged by this? My commando is damn close to unplayable, I just find merc so much easier to deal with -just- because the resource bar works properly. I've gotten used to merc and it's just bloody frustrating to play my commando, I have to be so careful with my ammo, most of the time I'm just wasting DPS.

• 5 months later...

Still no word from BioWare about it, you'd think it'd be a really easy fix considering how it tells you how much ammo you have when you scroll over yourself anyway. What it DOESN'T do is update automatically, so that's a useless feature to begin with. Scrolling over yourself and then back off again repeatedly during a fight is hardly practical.

tl;dr bioware plz fix trooper ammo bar so it actually displays numbers like all other classes thank you

Edited by Neleb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.