Joiner Species Support

mrgameboy

:)After playing with The Old Republic for a year now, and playing through the Agent storyline I might add, I have gained a want for a joiner species. Vector's personality and sense of always being connected to his kin really enlightened me and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the dialogue and story he had to offer. With that being said, I think that in a new update there should be a Joiner Species! The joiners clearly have a distinct personality than all the others, so it wouldn't be like playing as a human with blacked out eyes. Please, everyone, show your support on this post if you agree so Bioware can see it!

Thank You! :)

No.

We don't need any human or human-like species. This is Star Wars. How many alien species are there to choose from and you want human again?

Plus none of the class stories have race related content in them, so even if you could be a "joiner" it would just be a skin for your character.

Kel-dor, Togruta, Naolutan, wookie, kaleesh. NOT human lookalikes!

No.

We don't need any human or human-like species. This is Star Wars. How many alien species are there to choose from and you want human again?

Plus none of the class stories have race related content in them, so even if you could be a "joiner" it would just be a skin for your character.

Kel-dor, Togruta, Naolutan, wookie, kaleesh. NOT human lookalikes!

As a Cyborg Operative, a major plot device changed on Nar Shaddaa, to work with my implants instead of just being a random widget.

On Hoth, as a Chiss Agent, most of the NPCs in the Class Storyline will react to you being Chiss...being Chiss themselves.

That said, I think that the Joiner eye and voice effects should be an option in the Appearance Designer, at the very least.

I agree with both of you after improving my insight. Yes it probably would be just another human skin, but I think they should have a voice effect and eye appearance for them in the appearance designer that want to enjoy it.

As a Cyborg Operative, a major plot device changed on Nar Shaddaa, to work with my implants instead of just being a random widget.

On Hoth, as a Chiss Agent, most of the NPCs in the Class Storyline will react to you being Chiss...being Chiss themselves.

That said, I think that the Joiner eye and voice effects should be an option in the Appearance Designer, at the very least.

Ok now try playing as a legacy unlock race or the Cathar.

I have a Sith Jedi Knight and one of the quests in Nar Shadaa there was an Evocii that called me a human. Not a humanoid, but a human...he said something to the effect of "i'm so glad to see a human down here". And then there is my Cathar Bounty Hunter. It's kinda funny to watch my Cathar get a briefing from some imperial officer. She will just stand there with her best poker face while the imp npc tells me to kill some Cathar or use some serum on them. To which my Cathar BH can answer "there will be nobody left standing".

I wasn't expecting character specific dialogue on those two, i chose them for their looks. But unless BW goes through every quest to make them race specific for even new races or unlocks (which they wont do) every new race will just be treated as a generic race. Games with text based quest dialogue have Name$ or Race$ which will input your race or name in the field. What we get are legacy and new races defaulting to human dialogue which seems to be pretty neutral (except for that one example i found on my Sith JK).

Edited by swtonewbie