Sentinel Skill Issue - Close Quarters

DarklordIce

So, last night I was specc'ed Combat, decided to go back to Watchman (I switch frequently)

Now, my min range for force leap remains at 10m, with or without points in Close Quarters in the Watchman tree. Ive tried respecing, resetting my UI, zoning, and switching characters.

It also seems as if my GCD is messed up, for example, if i leap and press zealous strike, then merciless slash.. the slash will go off (sometimes) but I have to wait almost 2 full gcd's to use zealous strike

Also, since last patch, if I'm trying to do something quickly (or repeatedly) such as spamming buttons when in combat... the animations appear to start, and restart over and over without my character actually doing anything.

Overall.. something feels very... wrong with my character and I've having difficulty describing exactly what, but playing him pre-patch and now.. something is just messed up.

Anyone else having any strange issues?

I see this more frequently on my Shadow but have seen it with my Sent. It is a known bug and has been around since pretty much forever.

How do you fix it? I've been playing since beta and I suppose had the good fortune of never encountering it :/

Now, my min range for force leap remains at 10m, with or without points in Close Quarters in the Watchman tree. Ive tried respecing, resetting my UI, zoning, and switching characters.

I've had this issue pop up recently on my Sage. I think the only solution is to respec (it works for me). I notice it because in combat it'll give me the "Skill Points Have Been Refunded" popup and then my procs will stop working, forcing me to respec to get the procs working again. Oddly enough, you still have access to the abilities you acquire via your skill trees. This problem is largely mitigated if you have field respec (annoying, but at least it doesn't mean you have to fleet travel every time you get bugged). I'm not sure what the cause is, though.

It also seems as if my GCD is messed up, for example, if i leap and press zealous strike, then merciless slash.. the slash will go off (sometimes) but I have to wait almost 2 full gcd's to use zealous strike

Also, since last patch, if I'm trying to do something quickly (or repeatedly) such as spamming buttons when in combat... the animations appear to start, and restart over and over without my character actually doing anything.

This has been around for ages. It's likely on Bioware's side, but it can be aggravated by lag issues on the player side. However, your problem sounds a little remniscnet of the TK/Lightning bug that has recently been plaguing Sages/Sorcerers recently. The solution is to either A. move when it bugs out (though you may still bug for a few GCDs afterwards) or B. slow your APM to wait FOR the proc to appear in your buff bar before consuming it (consuming Tidal Force/Lightning Storm before the proc registers on your buff bar though it is proc'd causes the Sage/Sorc bug). If this exists for Sentinels as well, it's absolutely worth reporting to get it fixed ASAP. It's not game-breaking but it's agonizing if you're doing endgame content.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ezrafetch