1800cc per character for transfer?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but that would still have ramifications on server populations. One or two characters being transferred wouldn't make too much trouble, but 14 being moved would cause a problem, especially if they are all one side or if it's an entire guild being moved. It's not always about how much money Bioware gets, but how you actions will impact everyone around you. You start throwing server pops out of whack, then you may end up either on a dead server once again or on a server so popular, you have queue times, thus leading you feel frustrated because you're sitting in a queue when you want to play.

I'm not asking for a free server-transfer here. I'm just asking for a flat-rate fee instead of 1800 per toon. Like I mentioned above, You can only play one Toon per account at a time. So moving 1 or moving 100 toons of one account from one server to another doesn't make a difference on the destination server's population.

I can't believe you people are moaning over $18 bucks... cheaper than WoW's and other games fee. Either make a new toon or mow someone's yard.

I'm not complaining about the $17. I'm complaining about the $80 total for my case. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount to unite all of my toons (say $25). And why use WOW as a measurement of excellence when it comes to fees?

And you need all your characters on one server why???

I get that you "want to" but why do you "need to"?

As mentioned above:

_ Legacy perks

_ Crew skills (wouldn't be a problem if I can mail item across servers)

And I solely PVP. Different classes play differently and I enjoy filling out the needed role in PVP when grouped with friends.

I'm not asking for a free server-transfer here. I'm just asking for a flat-rate fee instead of 1800 per toon. Like I mentioned above, You can only play one Toon per account at a time. So moving 1 or moving 100 toons of one account from one server to another doesn't make a difference on the destination server's population.

It does, especially when other sites post server population numbers. They don't count it by accounts, but by total toons and then they average it out. So if someone goes looking into server populations and see that there are like 50k on one, they move there believe that that is 50k players online. When they get there they only notice 2k playing (divided by both factions, mind you) and they feel shafted. They expected a bustling fleet and fleet is empty because the site was inaccurate. Plus, flat rate movement still impacts the server pop because now anyone can simply up and go whenever they please. So don't get too attached to your guildies because now that "EPICRAIDERGUILD" moved to a new server, they feel like following. Plus we're not counting the PVPers obvious negative reaction to having entire guilds up and go, thus impacting warzone activity.

Look, I read this is your first MMO. I know the feeling when you do something that turns out to be a bad decision when it comes to the complex MMO lifestyle. But that's how we grow and learn. You can listen to those who say that someone else should fix the problem, but if you're constantly waiting for someone to help you, you will never learn how to help yourself or learn to deal when it turns out nothing could be done. Consider this your canonizing into the world. You got your butt kicked now, sure, but it ensures that you know what to expect and will never happen again.

As mentioned above:

_ Legacy perks

_ Crew skills (wouldn't be a problem if I can mail item across servers)

And I solely PVP. Different classes play differently and I enjoy filling out the needed role in PVP when grouped with friends.

That's still "want to." You cannot reasonably answer the question "Why do you need to have all your characters on one server?"

That's still "want to." You cannot reasonably answer the question "Why do you need to have all your characters on one server?"

It's pretty subjective. How do you define a need for transfer then? I've listed all the benefits that would greatly affect my performance in the game once all of my toons are on 1 server. Unless you mean if I don't transfer by tomorrow, I would be smite to death. Then that would be a need?

Why should customers have to pay to fix the vendor's screw-up? Put this into any other context and you wouldn't think it's just fine to pay.

You take your car into the dealer for an oil change. Their porter runs it into a wall. Are you going to pay their bump shop to fix it?

You go to a nice restaurant and order a wonderful meal. The server brings it out and it looks great... except for the hair sticking right out of the middle of the smashed potatoes. Are you going to buy a second plate to fix that problem?

You purchase a new iPad, get it home, unbox it, and find that the screen is about 10% dead pixels. Are you going to rush right back to the Apple store and buy a new one to replace it?

Well let me clear that up, I made that post to point out both sides of the argument. If anything I said that to bring up at least one positive point. Read the rest of it and you'll see that in the OP and many other's cases, I DO feel that the service should be done differently. Is there something wrong with pointing out pro's and con's? It could be like "other" MMO's and cost a huge amount for one. That was my point. I was NOT saying to "deal with it cause it isn't bad"....

And I solely PVP.

I could have guessed this before you even stated it.

PvPers are notorious server hoppers. And no... Bioware does not have to enable the behavior with free or discount transfers.

As for legacy... you can move that with one character. As for crew skills.. you can level new ones quickly in this game, so that's not a material reason. Move the one or two you have tweaked for leet items and be done with it.

You purchase a new iPad, get it home, unbox it, and find that the screen is about 10% dead pixels. Are you going to rush right back to the Apple store and buy a new one to replace it?

You are comparing an internet service to tangible products. It's apples and oranges.

If you want to compare.. then compare MMO to MMO....

....when comparing the same fruit.. they compare fairly well.... almost all of them charge to move each character. The notable AAA exception is Rift... but then again... free transfers were their method to stave off moving to F2P when their subs collapsed by 65% over a 4 month period during the summer of their launch year.

Edited by Andryah

Regarding destabilizing server population. As far as I know, you can only play one toon at a time. If move all of my toon from one server to another server that I also have a couple of toons on, the server will still only have to cater to one me and one only.

Yes but you are moving characters from one server to another. One server just gained a player, one lost one. Put into mass perspective, and some servers could lose a lot of players because one has the best PvP. All of a sudden the original server has no PvP whatsoever and the balance is gone. By pricing it they can prevet mass exoduses and only the players that really want or need to move will. Like I said though, for those that need the service due to the origin of the game mess-ups, it should be different. That comment was made towards the people that just want a different experience.

You are comparing an internet service to tangible products. It's apples and oranges.

If you want to compare.. then compare MMO to MMO....

....when comparing the same fruit.. they compare fairly well.... almost all of them charge to move each character. The notable AAA exception is Rift... but then again... free transfers were their method to stave off moving to F2P when their subs collapsed by 65% over a 4 month period.

No. I am comparing a vendor screw-up to a vendor screw-up. The car was a service. The food was the combination of a service and a good. The iPad is a good.

Why did you single out the only good when there were two services, most like this MMO, in there?

It doesn't matter what other MMOs charge for this specific case I am talking about. The specific case I am talking about is the service provider screwing players over via lack of communication and slow action and now expecting the players they screwed over to pay them money to fix it.

It's wrong of them to do it. In any other service industry, you would expect the service provider to fix the problem. Why don't you expect BWEA to fix this problem now that they clearly possess the technology to do so?

Edited by DarthTHC

No. I am comparing a vendor screw-up to a vendor screw-up. The car was a service. The food was the combination of a service and a good. The iPad is a good.

Why did you single out the only good when there were two services, most like this MMO, in there?

It doesn't matter what other MMOs charge for this specific case I am talking about. The specific case I am talking about is the service provider screwing players over via lack of communication and slow action and now expecting the players they screwed over to pay them money to fix it.

You are comparing an intangible service to a tangible product.

Further....Bioware does not warranty any content inside the game.... Apple does warranty an Ipad. Read your terms of service.

Seriously.. you are quicksand here. MMOs do not warranty the contents of their games. Never have, never will. Oh.. and as they say... "player experience can change".

Edited by Andryah

It does, especially when other sites post server population numbers. They don't count it by accounts, but by total toons and then they average it out. So if someone goes looking into server populations and see that there are like 50k on one, they move there believe that that is 50k players online. When they get there they only notice 2k playing (divided by both factions, mind you) and they feel shafted. They expected a bustling fleet and fleet is empty because the site was inaccurate. Plus, flat rate movement still impacts the server pop because now anyone can simply up and go whenever they please. So don't get too attached to your guildies because now that "EPICRAIDERGUILD" moved to a new server, they feel like following. Plus we're not counting the PVPers obvious negative reaction to having entire guilds up and go, thus impacting warzone activity.

Look, I read this is your first MMO. I know the feeling when you do something that turns out to be a bad decision when it comes to the complex MMO lifestyle. But that's how we grow and learn. You can listen to those who say that someone else should fix the problem, but if you're constantly waiting for someone to help you, you will never learn how to help yourself or learn to deal when it turns out nothing could be done. Consider this your canonizing into the world. You got your butt kicked now, sure, but it ensures that you know what to expect and will never happen again.

Ok, so the "Low - Standard - High" status next to the server name when you first launch the game is the number of toons instead of the number of currently logged in players/accounts? My point it no matter how many toons I have one one server or moving to a server or another, it shouldn't make a difference in the server's REALTIME load.

The flat-rate I'm asking for is a ONE-TIME transfer all toons from one server to another, so there won't be a mass exodus of people keep jumping from one server to another several times like you mentioned.

Regarding live and learn thing, giving bioware feedback to improve their service is me helping bioware learn. I've learned alot about MMO since this game but do we all have to just stay silent when you see flaws in the policies and try to avoid it next time? And I "complain" because I care and I want to continue playing equally like people who didn't have to go through all this.

It's wrong of them to do it. In any other service industry, you would expect the service provider to fix the problem. Why don't you expect BWEA to fix this problem now that they clearly possess the technology to do so?

It is the norm for MMOs and many other entertainment services. You don't have to like it, but you do not get to redefine normal in a free market economy.

As to this particular service, and your last comment.... many players, particularly PvP players were vocal and proud of being server hoppers in the past. The past has caught up with them. Suck it up... or move on.

Edited by Andryah

Yes but you are moving characters from one server to another. One server just gained a player, one lost one. Put into mass perspective, and some servers could lose a lot of players because one has the best PvP. All of a sudden the original server has no PvP whatsoever and the balance is gone. By pricing it they can prevet mass exoduses and only the players that really want or need to move will. Like I said though, for those that need the service due to the origin of the game mess-ups, it should be different. That comment was made towards the people that just want a different experience.

You're missing the point like the other guy again. I AM NOT ASKING FOR FREE TRANSFER. I'm asking for a flat-rate to transfer all toons to one server.

Scenario A, I have 1 toon to transfer from Server X to server Y. Result: I no longer play on server X and server Y now have to cater to my account when I log on.

Scenario B, I have 20 toons to transfer from server X to server Y. Result: I no longer play on server X and server Y now have to cater to my account when I log on.

Don't you see that the result is exactly the same when it comes to server load?

You are comparing an intangible service to a tangible product. Bioware does not warranty any content inside the game.... Apple does warranty an Ipad. Read your terms of service.

Seriously.. you are quicksand here. MMOs do not warranty the contents of their games. Never have, never will. Oh.. and as they say... "player experience can change".

Then use the car dealer example. I'm paying the dealership to change the oil in my car. They neglected to properly drug test their porters and one of them ran my car into a wall.

Now I have a big scratch and dent in my car.

Am -I- supposed to pay the dealer to fix that in their bump shop?

I am not nearly on quicksand. You are avoiding the obvious problem. BWEA created an unhappy situation for many players through their lack of communication and slow action. Now BWEA wants those players that they made unhappy to pay them money to fix the problem BWEA created.

It is the norm for MMOs and many other entertainment services. You don't have to like it, but you do not get to redefine normal in a free market economy.

As to this particular service, and your last comment.... many players, particularly PvP players were vocal and proud of being server hoppers in the past. The past has caught up with them. Suck it up... or move on.

Yeah, I'm sure it was really fun to try to PvP on a server whose population could barely fill a war zone at prime time. Stop hating on PvP player and recognize the problem.

This isn't a "just like other MMOs" problem. There is no apples-to-apples comparison, unless you can cite another MMO that had massive server merges?

Regarding live and learn thing, giving bioware feedback to improve their service is me helping bioware learn.

You are not giving Bioware feedback, you are making demands to fit your special needs.

There is a difference.

Do you really think they have not thought all of this through in the year since they said server transfers would come in the future? Really?? Seriously??

For the 100th time, I'm not asking for a free transfer. Im asking for a flat-rate to unite all of my toons from 2 different servers into one server for REASONABLE fee (instead of $80 for 6 toons)

Yeah, I'm sure it was really fun to try to PvP on a server whose population could barely fill a war zone at prime time. Stop hating on PvP player and recognize the problem.

Stating facts, that PvPers themselves have stated and been proud of, is NOT hating on PvPers.

And I recognize the problem pal. I just do not agree with you that Bioware must fix a problem that is more self-inflicted on the part of a player then on Bioware for being tardy with server transfers. There are many reasons why players ended up with characters on different servers, but in each and every case.. it was the player that made the choice and rolled the characters.

Edited by Andryah

For the 100th time, I'm not asking for a free transfer. Im asking for a flat-rate to unite all of my toons from 2 different servers into one server for REASONABLE fee (instead of $80 for 6 toons)

You got your rate. Its 1800CC per character. Actual real dollar cost to you depends completely on how you manage your cartel coins. Surely you got coins with your sub, and will continue to do so.. and you can buy in bulk for a better value.

Edited by Andryah