The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unlock Cartel Market Items for all Characters

So far I have been very impressed with the over all game, and can see me playing the game for a very long time. In saying that I believe in supporting games that are good, and so I have become a monthly subscriber and pre- purchased the new expansion well before any of my characters are even close being able to use it. My only real complaint is whenever you buy an item on the Cartel Market why can't the item be account bound and be able to be given to any character that you have made without charge. We have already paid for the item once, and I don't understand why we should be made to pay for the item again. I understand that this is a way for the company to make money from people who are using the free to play feature of the game, but why not unlock this feature for all the people who are giving you money every month instead of trying to get even more money out of them. I would like to see this feature simply because I enjoy making new characters all the time, and it would be nice to be able to send the items to my other characters without having to pay all that money over again.

Other then that keep up the great work. I hope my thoughts are heard.

Making collections free to all characters if you are subscribed would be epic.

I would however also be OK with paying a one-time fee to unlock everything. Obviously the cost wouldn't be the same as buying each item individually, but it also wouldn't be so cheap as too screw Bioware out of too much money. I just don't like the idea of paying for potentially unlimited items twice. I feel that doing something like this would make items more valuable (since you know anything you get can be used on any character), which would drive up both the GTN prices and the amount of people buying items off the CM.

• 1 year later...
This is one of the things you use your free cartel coins for. While I would be happy to see all things free for subs, I don't expect it.

So if I buy some coins, I can unlock a greater percentage of items? Where do you perform the unlock? Where is it listed in the GUI?

So if I buy some coins, I can unlock a greater percentage of items? Where do you perform the unlock? Where is it listed in the GUI?

You have to acquire the cartel items first. Either directly from a cartel pack or from the gtn. After you've used/equipped it; it'll show up in your collection. Once it's in your collection you can pay cartel coins to be able to spawn as many copies of it as you want on all your characters (they will be bound though).

For armor you have to have the full set before it'll be added to your collection.

How do you unlock more market items? Is there some kind of cartel "rep system"?

Everything is unlocked from the beginning. The only limit is what your character can equip and what Bioware placed in the shop for their paying players.

I don't think you read the post entirely. What the thread starter was trying to say is that all of the items on the market are one-time use only, ex. An Armor set must be bought again for it to be used on another character w/o using the Legacy Bank or the mail system. He's asking to make certain item purchases Account-Wide. For perspective, DCUO allows you to claim certain items again on another character on your account if you purchased the item in question in the shop. ;)

Everything is unlocked from the beginning. The only limit is what your character can equip and what Bioware placed in the shop for their paying players.

I don't think you read the post entirely. What the thread starter was trying to say is that all of the items on the market are one-time use only, ex. An Armor set must be bought again for it to be used on another character w/o using the Legacy Bank or the mail system. He's asking to make certain item purchases Account-Wide. For perspective, DCUO allows you to claim certain items again on another character on your account if you purchased the item in question in the shop. ;)

Uh... what? First thing I do when I make a new character is generate armor and weapons for them from collections, and it's absolutely free for me because I purchased the unlock for them... I also soon as I get a companion (that is not a droid) I get FREE cartel armor for them too.. Seriously, if that's what the OP wants, It's already an option. I really don't get how this is even a topic...

If you look at "collections", you'll see( under lightsaber crystals for example), that a certain percentage of crystals are available for purchase. Yet, I see people running around with weird colors and black-centered crystals and the like.

That's kind of the point I'm getting at here.

If you look at "collections", you'll see( under lightsaber crystals for example), that a certain percentage of crystals are available for purchase. Yet, I see people running around with weird colors and black-centered crystals and the like.

That's kind of the point I'm getting at here.

Well, there are a few that are crafted or from the PvP Vendors but anything and everything that is on the cartel market (with a few exceptions) is able to be extracted from the collections for free once you buy the unlock. Then there are dyes in the game for clothes... so if you see a bounty hunter in hot pink and purple armor well, thats a dye.... still a regular outfit.