Request an upgrade for the Proton Torpedo

RisenDragon

I understand that some people have issues with the way that the proton torpedo is activated in space combat, but that's not what this is about.

This is about there being no upgrade to the item itself. I'm currently sitting with straight purple items on my ship with the exception of the green basic proton torpedo.

Some ideas for how to upgrade the proton torpedo, should it ever happen-

Decreased focus time- better technology allows your targeting computer to lock onto your target faster, so you don't have to try to keep on a tiny targeting circle for 4 seconds before firing. Maybe drop it down to a 1.5-2 second focus time at Artifact level?

Stat boost to other ships systems- better integration allows the installation of the advanced proton torpedo launcher to increase your ship's functionality. Other ship equipment eventually boosts other gear at higher levels, so it would make sense for the proton torpedo to do the same.

Increased capacity- Advanced technology allows you to pack more ammunition into the same space, for more firing opportunities. This is more reliant upon the shorter cast time to be a reality. You're not going to care about having more torpedoes if you only ever launch one or two in a combat.

As someone who is enjoying Space Combat, I'd like to see this piece of end-game gear get some love.