Serious imbalance for Willpower hilt users vs Strength, or Aim/Cunning Barrels

Ancaglon

Since 2.2 we've seen plenty of people making Might Hilt 31, Reflex Barrel 31 and Skill Barrel 31 -- but it appears that no-one on my server can make either of the Willpower hilts. This arises because the ONLY way to learn the Willpower schematic is to reverse-engineer a drop from Hard-mode Cartel Warlords, whereas all the others can be learned from the offhands that can be bought with Ultimate Commendations.

Bioware needs to introduce some equivalent way to to allow the Willpower hilt to be acquired also -- even if it's by putting it into an offhand item that can't actually be equipped -- for example, an offfhand-only lightsaber. (Although I've no doubt we'd see some stupid people complaining that they bought an offhand weapon they can't equip and didn't bother selling it back within 2 hours....)

Since 2.2 we've seen plenty of people making Might Hilt 31, Reflex Barrel 31 and Skill Barrel 31 -- but it appears that no-one on my server can make either of the Willpower hilts. This arises because the ONLY way to learn the Willpower schematic is to reverse-engineer a drop from Hard-mode Cartel Warlords, whereas all the others can be learned from the offhands that can be bought with Ultimate Commendations.

Bioware needs to introduce some equivalent way to to allow the Willpower hilt to be acquired also -- even if it's by putting it into an offhand item that can't actually be equipped -- for example, an offfhand-only lightsaber. (Although I've no doubt we'd see some stupid people complaining that they bought an offhand weapon they can't equip and didn't bother selling it back within 2 hours....)

I imagine that eventually they'll make crafted barrels/hilts slot bound.

BW's decision to place armorings in the off-hand of some classes and hilts/barrels in the off-hands of others makes balancing difficult, if not ultimately impossible.

I imagine that eventually they'll make crafted barrels/hilts slot bound.

BW's decision to place armorings in the off-hand of some classes and hilts/barrels in the off-hands of others makes balancing difficult, if not ultimately impossible.

Indeed, but if it's done for the currently-craftable content, that would be a case of shutting the stable gate when the entire herd, bar the one that's been hamstrung, has bolted...