Possible Casting Breakdown for EpVII

TheBBP

:D

Personally I like Ewan better, but you know.... okay, this is getting awkward.

Funny, I actually know 3 other people who like Ewan better (inclueding myself). Hayden has a nice hair in episode III, though.

*not off topic at all*

Warren want's another pretty boy like Hayden. :jawa_wink:

There is no doubt that the majority of our new heroes will be attractive. However, it seems that often times in Hollywood, the "not traditionally attractive" types tend to be better actors. I mean, their looks didn't get them there right?

So, there is a good possibility that this not-traditionally-attractive person could be one of the best characters of the new series.

Edited by TheBBP

So, there is a good possibility that this not-traditionally-attractive person could be one of the best characters of the new series lol.
Not traditionally attractive is pretty vague anyway. I mean, what does that even mean? I can't pretend to be an expert but I wouldn't call Ewan Mcgregor traditionally attractive by today's standards... or Harrison Ford for that matter. But *shrug* I can't think of any human actors in Star Wars who have been an eyesore lol.

But you make a good point either way.

TBH, there's not really much we can speculate on. We know its not going to be EU characters so nobody we can match-up with. That said, who do you think will be the lead?

Not traditionally attractive is pretty vague anyway. I mean, what does that even mean? I can't pretend to be an expert but I wouldn't call Ewan Mcgregor traditionally attractive by today's standards... or Harrison Ford for that matter. But *shrug* I can't think of any human actors in Star Wars who have been an eyesore lol.

But you make a good point either way.

TBH, there's not really much we can speculate on. We know its not going to be EU characters so nobody we can match-up with. That said, who do you think will be the lead?

Right. This could just mean "no blue eyes and chiseled features". I don't mean to say that they are looking for ugly people. Just that I am not worried about this not-traditionally-handsome character.

Matter-o-fact, there are a TON of people in Hollywood that I would not consider to be traditionally attractive. People who you know that if they were not famous, they would just be another Average Joe. Harrison Ford is definitely one of them.

As for the lead? I only have a completely uninformed guess. While I believe that stereotypes will rear their head and one of the young attractive males will take the lead, I would not be surprised for them to "surprise" us with a female lead.

Edited by TheBBP

Right. This could just mean "no blue eyes and chiseled features". I don't mean to say that they are looking for ugly people. Just that I am not worried about this not-traditionally-handsome character.

It can just mean that they want a clear difference between the "young man" (who's not that attractive) and the "man" (who's handsome). Somehow description " Physically fit, handsome and confident." just sounds like the type of character who "gets all the girls" (or at least tries to). "Witty and smart" AND great looks sounds a little like the same type of character.

Ouch. That was uncalled for.
Yeah it was harsh. But true, what you posted was simply shallow as hell.

I'm glad they're looking for someone not classically handsome. Sick of 99% lead males in movies/TV shows looking the same. It seems like it's getting actually worse nowadays.