The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HP/Resolve Bar and Targetting in Warzones

ADMCD

Lately, when I load into a warzone, my HP/resolve nameplate bar bugs out to either be always full or always empty. My health shows up correctly in other areas.

Also, I can't target the enemy side properly. It doesn't have an arrow above their heads anymore, and my key for "target next enemy" won't target.

I deleted the whatever cachearena file and I did a repair/fix scan on my game but neither helped.

Edited by ADMCD

I though it was just the horrendous lag that goes to 300ms since the APAC transfer, but I use a key bind to target nearest enemy and often can't target in a warzone.

I can be facing an enemy hitting target nearest enemy while they wail on me until i'm dead without target coming on them so i can hit back.

Most noticeable at the beginning of a match.

I tried to take a screenshot of this but wasn't able to.

When I get the horrible HP nameplate bar glitch, if I go into Preferences the top category has another category underneath it. You can see under the word Controls there is another word. I think it says "Nameplates" but I can't quite make it out because Controls is written over it. I cannot choose it.

If the bug is not happening, the word is not there.

I played all weekend on a new character and only had the HP nameplate bug a couple of times and I could do warzones at my leisure with no problems. I went back to my original character and now I get the bug every time I try to do a warzone.

I'm trying to log into a different computer but my password email won't arrive.

• 4 weeks later...
This seems to be happening to some but not all of my characters. I see the targeting arrow all the time on some characters and then some characters it doesn't show up in warzones. It seems to be something that's saved server side for each individual character. Possibly a bad setting written to the SWTOR database either at creation or some other point in time?