The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about armor...

Six-Echo

At higher levels, you basically just find an armor set that looks cool to you and then just keep upgrading the mods right? I'm so confused by all the armor vendors and stuff on the GTN. The only stat on an armor piece, before adding mods, is a base armor value right? How much does this matter?

If I find a piece that looks cool with armor 700, how much better is a piece with a base armor of 900?

Also the adaptive armor in the store, same thing right?

At higher levels, you basically just find an armor set that looks cool to you and then just keep upgrading the mods right? I'm so confused by all the armor vendors and stuff on the GTN. The only stat on an armor piece, before adding mods, is a base armor value right? How much does this matter?

If I find a piece that looks cool with armor 700, how much better is a piece with a base armor of 900?

Also the adaptive armor in the store, same thing right?

Indeed to all questions. Infact if you find a better piece of armor, but like the armor you are wearing and it's a modable armor, you can strip all the mods out of the new armor and place it in the armor you have.

Now certain sets like campaign sets have certain bonuses that you only get if you wear the entire set of armor for that bonus, but otherwise pick the armor you like and just buy the correct mod for it.

Remember it is level dependent, but it never hurts to stock up on stuff for further levels.

GL!