Armor Value on CE Vendors

jtype_sw

Just wondering, I thought the CE vendor items were at least suppose to be equivalent to those acquired while leveling.

Is there a reason why all the armor values are 4, 6, 8 etc, when the equivalent armor value found near my level are that of 200-400?

Just wondering, I thought the CE vendor items were at least suppose to be equivalent to those acquired while leveling.

Is there a reason why all the armor values are 4, 6, 8 etc, when the equivalent armor value found near my level are that of 200-400?

Because the vendors are selling gear with empty slots. Once you mod out your gear with the Armor, Mod, Enhancements you will see the gear reach the appropriate range.

As an example, the social II boots from the Vendor in Nar Shaddaa has an armor of 6. Once I put in all the mods, the armor jumped to 154.

Not all true. I took an armor 25 chest piece and added a armor mod 13 raiting 70. Armor value was still 25 on it.

It is true, but you need to close and open the character screen a few times to see the changes. It's a known bug. Try logging out and back in.