The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gamorrean Axe turns into lightsaber.

Narflar

I got the Gamorrean Axe, two of them, for my marauder.

It seems that when using various saber-toss abilities with them, they turn into lightsabers in-flight and morph back into axes when returning to the hands. It would be great if they would stay as axes when tossed, rather than this morphing.

Lets at least give people a chance to reply before we condemn them.

Besides, i think that it was just an oversight and will get fixed. Think about it, we have the paths for the weapons as theyre thrown, so its just a matter of putting the axes in instead of the saber models (and swapping a sound, sure, but those already exist also).

Basically, what im saying is that it seems like a pretty manageable problem and, like i said before, it was probably just an oversight. Lets not get carried away and turn this into the inquisition...

You can say it is oversight but it isn't exactly new since it apply to all the vibrosword and eletrocstaff. You are going to be disappointed as It is likely something they won't be able to change.

Light saber hilt and light saber blade are 2 different part. It happen really fast but you actually don't see the light saber hilt during the saber throw, crippling throw and dispatch animation, the only part you see the the light saber blade. (Which change person to person base on the color of color crystal. Which is easy to do by replace the texture map of light saber blade)

I believe the lightsaber also doesn't actually leave your hand during saber throw animation. Animator only animated the flying blade and when character use saber throw related move, game would simply hide / disable the light saber on your character than show / enable the flying blade. (It is same thing for clairvoyant strike for Jedi shadow.)

It create a problem for Gamorrean axe and related item. In order to have the flying axe and virosword BW would need to create new animation for every single of them.