The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stockstrike not proccing ion cell?

Kanjir

Am I missing something? Trying to get more fluent with my VG tank, since I just started tanking on it yesterday and stockstrike is not proccing ion cell 100% of the time, even though the skill tree says it should. What's up with that?

Am I missing something? Trying to get more fluent with my VG tank, since I just started tanking on it yesterday and stockstrike is not proccing ion cell 100% of the time, even though the skill tree says it should. What's up with that?

Questions:

1. Are you using Ion Cell? (Sounds obvious, but to trigger Ion Cell you have to be using it :).)
  2. How do you know it isn't triggering? Did you test just going up to a "normal" mob (put your companion on passive) and just Stock Striking the mob (don't use any other ability)? This should cause Ion Cell to trigger. Do you see it trigger in this situation?

Let us know.

Sorry, forgot to add the info in the OP. Was whispering someone to try work it out lol. I was on my ship training dummy to work on my rotation and noticed when opening that it wasn't adding the 6 second dot, which meant I couldn't use HiB. So then I just started stock-striking to see if it kept doing it, but it didn't seem to. Then I tried just doing a normal rotation again and I had to do 3 stockstrikes to get the dot on after my opener.

I'll try to get a parse of it tomorrow when I get home from work, but it's too late for me to mess around with it right now. :C

This is one of those annoying little features that came down with 2.0. Elites and higher have a 10% chance to dodge/resist attacks, so if your accuracy isn't at 100% melee/ranged and 110% tech/force, there's a chance the mob is going to resist the DoT from Ion Cell, which is what your seeing with that. So unless you want to drop down mitigation (highly unrecommended) to get your accuracy up, it's just something that you'll have to deal with.

This is one of those annoying little features that came down with 2.0. Elites and higher have a 10% chance to dodge/resist attacks, so if your accuracy isn't at 100% melee/ranged and 110% tech/force, there's a chance the mob is going to resist the DoT from Ion Cell, which is what your seeing with that. So unless you want to drop down mitigation (highly unrecommended) to get your accuracy up, it's just something that you'll have to deal with.

:)

This is why I asked to test against a "normal" mob. :)

Yeah, I haven't tanked in so long I forgot about the fact I didn't have the accuracy all my DPS toons have. Plus the fact i've never tanked on a VG, only my shadow I didn't even think it was accuracy since I wasn't familiar with everything yet. :p