The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

tactics or assault for S&V?

rotfish

I run a full tactics vanguard on raids with my guild and so far I'm doing some pretty good dmg. I have never ran assault post 2.0 so I don't know how bad the nerf was for our dmg in pve for assault. Is there any dps vanguards that have tried both tactics and assault and raid ops on a regular basis that could just tell me straight up which one is better for dps ops vanguard?

thx

I run a full tactics vanguard on raids with my guild and so far I'm doing some pretty good dmg. I have never ran assault post 2.0 so I don't know how bad the nerf was for our dmg in pve for assault. Is there any dps vanguards that have tried both tactics and assault and raid ops on a regular basis that could just tell me straight up which one is better for dps ops vanguard?

thx

Tactics. Assault isn't great for PvE anymore. Give it a try though. I've had some mixed parses, and usually get tops with a hybrid or full tactics.

I tried both in tfb and s&v and with max crit and surge tactics is far better then assault. I just seem to crit a lot more in my rotation and it seems assault relys too much on a proc, crit ,hib . Tactics has more abilities that crit more especially a free crit hib. and no ammo stockstrike. My flame pulse crits for about 6k im not sure if ap can do that....

tactics

• 2 weeks later...
Sniper.

I have a sniper for a long time now apart from PT, merc, commando and VG.

I know you want to fix the PT/VG to work better than it does, and i do agree it would want a small boost. Playing ranked since 2.0 as VG and i must say, that your best bet is to get used to about 3-5 specs and rotate them to focus on different objectives. It works, and for me it is even more fun, because i can play various builds. And no - there are some games that you can approach with specific spec, and become one of the key players for your team.

I have a sniper for a long time now apart from PT, merc, commando and VG.

I know you want to fix the PT/VG to work better than it does, and i do agree it would want a small boost. Playing ranked since 2.0 as VG and i must say, that your best bet is to get used to about 3-5 specs and rotate them to focus on different objectives. It works, and for me it is even more fun, because i can play various builds. And no - there are some games that you can approach with specific spec, and become one of the key players for your team.

Lol or just unsub and stop giving these ****** devs money :D **** bioware and **** there class balance devs that play favorites.

Tactics for the trash and hybrid for the bosses. If you don't want to switch then hybrid all the way through for max dps potential on bosses with still great aoe dps for trash... can still mindlessly spam on trash in hybrid just got to regen between pulls instead of never having to worry about it in tactics.