The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Restored Triumvirate Chest Piece Display bug?

Regentlord

I just got this piece for my Jugg and i was so amazed at how it looked when i first saw it i didnt notice it lacked a dye slot. IMO they should add a dye slot as well so that i can give it the synthetic plastic armor look with dye. I think they said lore pieces dont get dye slots, and i didnt realize this chest was a lore piece. I still think it should get a dye slot though hehe.

But on the subject of the OP, at times i notice that the armor seems to get dull and then really shiny depending on where i am. I dont really care about what my character window or log on window show, but i do care about the in game look and the preview look.

Edited by swtonewbie

It isnt a bug. The Triumvirate armor uses a reflective mesh. It will adapt to the lighting of the planet. Try wearing it on the fleet and tell me if it changes.

It should definitely mention it somewhere. A huge waste of money for people who expect it to look like the previews show it.

It should definitely mention it somewhere. A huge waste of money for people who expect it to look like the previews show it.

Yah the color changing on this chest is kinda funny sometimes. I was leaving the Tatooine spaceport on my SW and once i cross that threshold that puts me outdoors the chestpiece just flickers and viola! it is a new color. Indoors shiny silver...outdoors dull silver...indoors shiny silver...outdoors dull silver. You want to know what that was? that was me sitting on my speeder stopping, and then going back and forth just a hair watching my chest color go from dull to shiny about 10 times in about 2 seconds. I'm surprised the server didnt crash :rolleyes:

Funny thing too is my deluxe edition stap does it too. Indoors the metal is shiny, but outdoors it turns dull. So it might be more of an environmental/lighting thing. But it's still annoying to see my chestpiece go through such a drastic color change.

Edited by swtonewbie