Bolster @ Livestream Event

mattjurado

So despite the overwhelming amount of Bolster questions and cries to fix it in the Livestream Event chat... What we got was a simple comment that Bolster has had bugs and that they are working them out as they come across them.

IMO this response does not measure up to the outcry of the community regarding the current situation with bolster.

So many ways to exploit bolster or bypass the gear grind, have made it frustrating for those of us that PVP regularly and spent our time grinding gear. We have had naked PVP, pvp without certain mods, PVP with green augments, now we have 54 purple pieces being BIS... At what point do you say "we suck at making this work, the community hates it, lets try a different approach."

Honestly now Kell Dragon gear is coming out, what's the point of grinding out gear that at no point between 2.0 and 2.4 will be BIS. The stats on my shadow tank's full 72 mod PVE gear are ridiculously higher than the PVP gear already. I see sentinels and slingers pumping out over 1 million damage regularly in Voidstar with PVE gear.

I can go on and on, but the bottom line is, the majority of the PVP community is very vocal about problems with Bolster, and we shouldn't have to wait to 2.4 for a satisfactory resolution.

I suspect there will be a new PVP gear set in 2.4 and perhaps that will be worthwhile grinding that gear out, but will really frustrate the heck out of us that have ground out this gear that is never BIS during its life cycle...

Edited by mattjurado

Should have been two months ago :eek:

It completely blows my mind that they won't talk to the PVP community about this and are totally ignoring it like its not important to us. Like we're free to players.

You want to keep bolster, fine then fix it! Otherwise dump it and give a recruit set that is good for fresh 55s, can't be sold off for credits, nor can it be used against FP/OPS bosses. Really not that hard to do.

I hear you, and I want pvp fixed. I don't like bolster's implementation and want it fixed if they're going to keep it which sounds like they are from all communication we've heard.

What I will say is that i like to pvp. I pvp because it's fun and while I like to be the optimized I will not PvE just for BiS gear. I agree that it needs to be fixed so that PvP gear is best in slot in PvP. Sounds obvious right? I'm about half partisan half conqueror atm and plan to just keep filling out with conqueror for the HP mostly at this point.

My main consolation is that in open world pvp I generally wreck PvE geared players pretty hard. Sadly the same cannot be said for warzones. I think a flashpoint/Operation bolster needs to be put in place :rolleyes:. It can distribute Expertise back into main stat and secondary stats. Then everyone will be happy right? ;)

Yeah even right now I'm staring at the conqueror MH/OH and SMH at them compared to the Underworld drops I have... I have no reason to equip these, as a shadow tank I'm not going to hit hard either way unless I mix in some DPS mods. Then I have to go grind out a ridiculous amount of comms for the mods vendor, but that's a different topic entirely...

I suspect there will be a new PVP gear set in 2.4 and perhaps that will be worthwhile grinding that gear out, but will really frustrate the heck out of us that have ground out this gear that is never BIS during its life cycle...

The same crowd that said "recruit is fine, if gear is your problem you suck" is the same crowd that has cried bitterly since bolster came out. Cry me a river about how horrible it is to trade 300 hp for 6 bonus power.

The same crowd that said "recruit is fine, if gear is your problem you suck" is the same crowd that has cried bitterly since bolster came out. Cry me a river about how horrible it is to trade 300 hp for 6 bonus power.

^ this.

Only baddies cryes about Bolster, cuz all their "skill" was only in their gear, and without 40-60% gear advantage between full augged min/max ewh vs. newbies in recruit/pve gear with 0 expertise these baddies simply baddies with loud mouthes.

^ this.

Only baddies cryes about Bolster, cuz all their "skill" was only in their gear, and without 40-60% gear advantage between full augged min/max ewh vs. newbies in recruit/pve gear with 0 expertise these baddies simply baddies with loud mouthes.

Your posts always put a smile on my face.

Bolster has not worked properly since they put it on the PTS. Its not to much to ask to have the system work as bioware intended it to work.

^ this.

Ok, I think you should sit back and calm down a bit. No matter how good/bad you are at the game, bolster is a mess. Not only that, matchmaking is also terrible. Combine these two together and PvP is just a disgrace.

If I were any good as guessing I'd say you probably premade un-ranked wz.

Edited by Jayshames

^ this.

You miss the point.

Bolster is a real piece $hit because you can wear your MH and OH in crafted gear that give much better stats than Conqueror MH & OH.

This is unacceptable and a real joke. This give biggest advantage than the normal gear progression.

Those guys don't know how to manipulate complex mathematics function like the bolster. Take a look of the history of bolster recently:

1) Fight naked

2) Augment glitch with low lvl gear (Green)

3) Specific crafted gear over conqueror

4) Future will tell us.

Those who don't understand the problem in bolster claim that bolster is fine, but it isn't.

^ this.

Prime examples of peeps who don't understand PvP mechanics.

You miss the point.

Bolster is a real piece $hit because you can wear your MH and OH in crafted gear that give much better stats than Conqueror MH & OH.

This is unacceptable and a real joke. This give biggest advantage than the normal gear progression.

Those guys don't know how to manipulate complex mathematics function like the bolster. Take a look of the history of bolster recently:

1) Fight naked

4) Future will tell us.

Those who don't understand the problem in bolster claim that bolster is fine, but it isn't.

You forgot the removing enhancements feature.

Take a look of the history of bolster recently:

1) Fight naked

4) Future will tell us.

The problem isn't just the bugs, but that the rapidly moving target of BiS with each new "bolster fix".

TANGENT: what are BW's objective with Bolster? Possible goals

1. partizan should always be equal to or better than bolstered PvE gear (i.e. endgame bolster merely replaces recruit gear).
  2. top tiered PvE gear may be better than Partizan but Conqueror is always better than PvE gear.
  3. less than level 55 gear should be less than partizan but usable (like recruit gear)

What, precisely, is BW aiming for?

You miss the point.

1) Fight naked

4) Future will tell us.

The worst part about this, is #1 and #2 were reported on PTS prior to release...and Bioware acts all surprised when it comes to fruition in live...

^ this.

I am not sure what are you taking about. The only ppl who ever QQed about gear are the ones who sucked. I do agree that in the pre expansion era, they entry barrier to max level WZs was extremely high for someone new. But look at what we got; a system that no one really knows how it works exactly (including devs), that is full of exploits and bugs, and is neither a grind system, nor a system that does not rely on gear. Simply it succeed in nothing.

BW needs to select one approach and stick with it. It's either a grind system (which is going to pre expansion days) and completely remove the bolster, or a system that does not have any PvP gear, so you walk in and your stats get bolstered to semi determined stats regardless of your gear. We are currently standing in the middle of nowhere, and God only knows what will happen next with the new tier of PvE gear coming.

If BW keep insisting on the current bolster we will keep having new bugs and exploits every update, because the system is too complex as it has too many inputs (PvP gear, old PvP gear, PvE gear below level 63 and PvE gear above level 65, mixing PvP and PvE gear, etc...) for the system to bolster and work correctly. It does not need a fix, because there is no fix, It needs to be scrapped in favor of either a grind system or a none grind system.

Edited by Ottoattack