The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Battlefront 3 is HAPPENING!

Beniboybling

Currently watching E3. And without warning it cuts to a snowy environment. Then all of a sudden the words 'Star Wars: Battlefront 3' appear on the screen. Then its gone, I'm watching some crappy racing trailer.

As of yet, you won't find any official reports. I'll probably update this if anything crops up but all you need to know is one thing...

...Battlefront 3 is happening. This is Beniboybling news you heard it hear first. :jawa_wink:

EDIT: Official announcement on starwars.com

Edited by Beniboybling

This is Beniboybling news you heard it hear first. :jawa_wink:

Only three threads beat you to it...

Couldn't agree more, currently slogging through EA sports crap waiting for BioWare to make an appearance.

They already showed off Dragon Age: Inquisition. Bennyboy news is failing.

Edited by TheBBP

I wish there was some announcement on a site I could link to friends.. I can't seem to find one. I checked EA's site.. and Gamespot so far. Anyone have a page with an article on it or is it too soon? I'm not watching E3 live.
I'm searching every now and then, so far just some youtube videos. But those can be linked right?

I wish there was some announcement on a site I could link to friends.. I can't seem to find one. I checked EA's site.. and Gamespot so far. Anyone have a page with an article on it or is it too soon? I'm not watching E3 live.

Here is the Star Wars Battlefront trailer from E3, and really about all we know of Battelfront, I believe...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/star-wars-battlefront-teaser-e3-2013-ea-conference

Enjoy, here's to the future of Star Wars video games, hopefully it will be a refreshing rebirth. :cool:

Thank God it's actually happening. They better commit to this one. I'm tired of being disappointed.
I doubt that would happen. For all my gripes with EA one thing they have is money, lots of it. A triple AAA company like DICE will get the job done. So excited!

I doubt that would happen. For all my gripes with EA one thing they have is money, lots of it. A triple AAA company like DICE will get the job done. So excited!

Finally we can get a new Battlefront game. BF2 is good, but it's time for an upgrade. I have the utmost confidence in DICE to make a great game.

Finally we can get a new Battlefront game. BF2 is good, but it's time for an upgrade. I have the utmost confidence in DICE to make a great game.
Agreed, totally agree. And really its been so long since BF2. That game has really become dated, given the leaps and bounds that have been made in this genre BF3 has the potential to vastly outclass its predecessor.

...That'll be new for EA. :rolleyes:

If DICE sticks to what they've presented in the trailer, I think Battlefront will actually feel like a proper shooter instead of some half-baked shooter that feels like I'm shooting using harmless pea's. The blaster fire should feel like real bullets and it is presented as such in the trailer.

Don't expect the game to come out this or next year.. I'm pretty sure this game is very early in development.
Well they've released Battlefield games (not just DLC) within a years gap. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the development process but I could see this coming out next year. Let's remember that EA said they won't be releasing Star Wars games until 2014. This would imply that in 2014 they are planning to release a Star Wars game, and BF3 is the only one they've teased.

I'm expecting a 2014 release, likely it will appear again in E3 2014 and then be released later that here. But that's just me speculating.

Oh I agree, but EA could be making another false promise here. With no actual gameplay of the game, it makes me wonder where it is in development and if that is actual game footage or if it's just a teaser. With so little info, everyone is just speculating at this point. Maybe we'll get some hard evidence after E3. Regardless, I am super excited we are finally getting a BF3. I can't wait to see what DICE does with it. I'm hoping they make it into a Republic Commando / Battlefront game. I loved how gritty Republic Commando felt, it's a really underrated game.

I'll be marking my calendar for it's announced release for sure. :)

Edited by spectreclees