The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Battlefront confirmed.

TheBBP

IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

It's happening.

This.

We've waited 8 years just to hear a confirmation. We can wait a measly 1 or 2 years more for the game itself to actually become a reality.

Whatever you do, DICE. Be careful. DO NOT let this beautiful game suffer the same fate as Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Edited by GhostDrone

This.

We've waited 8 years just to hear a confirmation. We can wait a measly 1 or 2 years more for the game itself to actually become a reality.

Whatever you do, DICE. Be careful. DO NOT let this beautiful game suffer the same fate as Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Couldn't agree more, and the build up is going to be great fun. Still, I'm expecting a 2014 release. Late 2014 but 2014 nonetheless.

There are Dathomirians, Pirates, and Mandalorians. Much more too.
I suppose it depends on how the game works. Galactic Conquest for example will demand parties with extensive fleets, military etc.

I'm not expecting anymore than 4 factions though. Four factions is quite a lot.

I suppose it depends on how the game works. Galactic Conquest for example will demand parties with extensive fleets, military etc.

They did however have like small factions you could play as in the old battlefront games. Such as Jawa, Tuskan Raider, Ewok, Gungans. etc.

Republic/CIS, Rebellion/Galactic Empire, Black Sun/Hutt Cartel? Or could just have either one of the last two, not both. Would make for something interesting.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Republic/CIS, Rebellion/Galactic Empire, Black Sun/Hutt Cartel? Or could just have either one of the last two, not both. Would make for something interesting.
Its more than possible that we might only see Empire/Rebellion if DICE plan on an immersive campaign. Which wouldn't exactly work if your a droid... still, could be an option.

I'm just interested to see how they handle this, its quite different from their usual IP, asides from being a tactical shooter.

Edited by Beniboybling

My big thing is if modding tools will be provided. A modded battlefront is an amazing battlefront.

Indeed. Also, after watching some vids for Battlefield 4... If DICE puts half the amount of love that they put into that game into SWB, then they game is going to be amazing.

Indeed. Also, after watching some vids for Battlefield 4... If DICE puts half the amount of love that they put into that game into SWB, then they game is going to be amazing.

I concur. The Battlefield games are pretty good, but I think Battlefront will be much better.