Dreadseed Armor & Quest Line

Vayek

I don't know if anyone else is feeling irritated at this garbage like me.

The quest line starts out by having us locate and dig for seeds. Its tedious and stupid, just like the HK-51 crap. However, it serves the purpose of getting you used to the locator droid. Bioware has successfully baited the player base with cool looking armor, and makes them spend a huge amount of time searching for each individual piece of armor. The seeds search was easy when compared to the armor search so far. I spent less than 10 minutes finding the seeds, but have now spent nearly 8 hours looking for the first piece of armor with no results.

Whats worse is that yoy get into a decent rythm looking in thw right places, then someone else finds the armor youve wasted the last 4 hours loking for, and suddenly the entire area is no longer searchable until a new armor piece respawns. So that means, 6 planets have only 3 locations where to find armor, with 20ish people searching them at anygiven time....add in the respawn time, and you have 17 aggrivated (if not pissed off) other peoe who werent "lucky enough" to be one of the lucky 3 peopke to find the armor....

The entire thing is incredibly stupid. I can actually see stuff like this causing people to rage quit the game.

And who is forcing you to find that armor and do that quest anyway? Jeez, stop whinning kiddo. It's rare armor set so yes, it's supposed to be hard-to-find.

You would like to get everything immediately, don't you? Well guess what, this isn't armor set for everyone, it's challenging - patience, plenty of time and luck. Get over it. Or buy something different from CM, that's maybe on your level of capabilities ;)

And yeah, i have complete Dreadseed armor and i'm proud of it :p

Edited by RixoFutu

. . .

Whats worse is that yoy get into a decent rythm looking in thw right places, then someone else finds the armor youve wasted the last 4 hours loking for, and suddenly the entire area is no longer searchable until a new armor piece respawns. So that means, 6 planets have only 3 locations where to find armor, with 20ish people searching them at anygiven time....add in the respawn time, and you have 17 aggrivated (if not pissed off) other peoe who werent "lucky enough" to be one of the lucky 3 peopke to find the armor....

The entire thing is incredibly stupid. I can actually see stuff like this causing people to rage quit the game.

Just wait the special item of the area doesn't even have to be the armor. The special item can be Grade 9 purple crafting mats or a purple 28 armor modification.

I am working on finding this armor too, I kind of agree that there are too many factors working against players looking for them.

Edited by CaptCody

I have the chest piece from completing the H4, its nice on my BH but the rest of it looks bad IMO....

I do agree, something rare should be hard, but this is a MASSIVE time sink... In over 20 seeker droid missions, I found 1 speeder part, my wife found 2 speeder parts and another DS chest and bracers (we do them together)... We both decided, because of the time it takes, the BAD part of the respaun when another finds something, we simply will not do them much or anymore... Or wait until I feel like getting drunk or something. lol.

This is from a person that LOVES to explore in a typical RPG, this is not exploring though, its a time sink designed to do exactly that, kill your time.

But like the first reply you got, just don't do it and move onto something more constructive... To get the entire armor or the parts for one complete mount, you will probably have to do well over 100 of these missions. On the other hand, those who do dedicate that much time and effort, do deserve that credit and the prize.

Edited by Themanthatisi

But like the first reply you got, just don't do it and move onto something more constructive... To get the entire armor or the parts for one complete mount, you will probably have to do well over 100 of these missions. On the other hand, those who do dedicate that much time and effort, do deserve that credit and the prize.

Oh i agree with this. Its just frustrating that something like this is not available to peopme with actual lives that matter to them more than a video game. I wish i had the time to sink into this because i really do like the armor, but with college and work, there is little time left. My vote is that minor tweaks be made so there is still a challange. Like, when a person finds the armor, the area stays populated so other people can keep up their search. Additionally, if people are in a group like you and your wife, or a bunch of guildies, the finder rewards work like the HK-57 rewards and the whole team benefits from a find. They could also allow people to go and repeat that heroic mission once a day and get a different armor piece. This way, it cant really be farmed 15 times in a single day, and let people get it in one day. They have it right in the hard modes where the armor randomly drops and yoy never know who will need it or what it will be.

Edited by Vayek

I don't know if anyone else is feeling irritated at this garbage like me.

The quest line starts out by having us locate and dig for seeds. Its tedious and stupid, just like the HK-51 crap. However, it serves the purpose of getting you used to the locator droid. Bioware has successfully baited the player base with cool looking armor, and makes them spend a huge amount of time searching for each individual piece of armor. The seeds search was easy when compared to the armor search so far. I spent less than 10 minutes finding the seeds, but have now spent nearly 8 hours looking for the first piece of armor with no results.

I disagree, I'm having a lot of fun treasure seeking. I don't find it tedious. You know what I find tedious? Daily Quests. I log in, find a treasure spot and sometimes I get cool purples that sell for 200k. Sorry that beats making 200k in dailies any day. Plus you have the "chance" to find the armor. If you look at the armor pieces as the bonus rather than the goal, all of the sudden its pretty cool.

Oh i agree with this. Its just frustrating that something like this is not available to peopme with actual lives that matter to them more than a video game. I wish i had the time to sink into this because i really do like the armor, but with college and work, there is little time left. My vote is that minor tweaks be made so there is still a challange. Like, when a person finds the armor, the area stays populated so other people can keep up their search. Additionally, if people are in a group like you and your wife, or a bunch of guildies, the finder rewards work like the HK-57 rewards and the whole team benefits from a find. They could also allow people to go and repeat that heroic mission once a day and get a different armor piece. This way, it cant really be farmed 15 times in a single day, and let people get it in one day. They have it right in the hard modes where the armor randomly drops and yoy never know who will need it or what it will be.

it is frustrating.... I do like the idea of doing it like the HK part is done would be nice.... It is a shame when my wife and I do it, one of us finds something, the other gets "screwed".. That why I decided to not bother anymore, it faster to run a OPS and get a nice drop, way more fun, much more challenging and no matter what, you still get something at the end, even if its only coms. The seeker droid missions, give you a bunch of useless junk along the way of trying to get that "interesting" item.

When they fist brought this to the game, i was super happy.... I love the idea of hunting for parts/armor/goodies, but I hate the fact it takes forever for the area to respaun and you can spend yet another hour or more every time you get to an area, and still have someone beat you to it. That is the sole reason I will no longer waste my time on it.... I have a job as well, I do not want to come home to another job..

Even with the HK part, if someone found it, you can look for it again, immediately...

To reward "grouping", I do think all in a group, should get the prize.... I would get right back into doing it again. I like your idea...

Edited by Themanthatisi

Oh i agree with this. Its just frustrating that something like this is not available to peopme with actual lives that matter to them more than a video game. I wish i had the time to sink into this because i really do like the armor, but with college and work, there is little time left. My vote is that minor tweaks be made so there is still a challange.

What you mean is "Make minor tweaks so that I can easily get it, since the amount of time I'm willing to devote to it is the absolute perfect amount of time. Those with more time are lifeless gaming nerds who live in their mom's basement and those with less are undeserving slackers."

What you mean is "Make minor tweaks so that I can easily get it, since the amount of time I'm willing to devote to it is the absolute perfect amount of time. Those with more time are lifeless gaming nerds who live in their mom's basement and those with less are undeserving slackers."

Well, I'm not a rude ***** who says or thinks that way. If that perverbial shoe fits you, then feel free to lace that bad boy up. You can twist my meaning in whatever manor you like, but the fact is that different people have different amounts of free time to give in game time. If i only have at most, 3 hours a night to play, i dont want to waste that time in aimlessly digging around the desert with absolutely no certainty for any level of success. The system works fine for people that dont have a busy life and can more easily give 7 to 10 hours a day in a game.

So, feel free to take whatever meaning you want.

[T]he fact is that different people have different amounts of free time to give in game time. If i only have at most, 3 hours a night to play, i dont want to waste that time in aimlessly digging around the desert with absolutely no certainty for any level of success.

Well, then, don't. I fail to see the problem.

What you're saying is "Give me this stuff for the amount of time I'm willing to put in." I'm willing to put in no time. So I guess I should get it for that amount.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Well, then, don't. I fail to see the problem.

What you're saying is "Give me this stuff for the amount of time I'm willing to put in." I'm willing to put in no time. So I guess I should get it for that amount.

Its so cute that you think your smart enough to have the last word in this argument by only restating your previous ignorance. As i said, twist things to mean however you want, and take whatever offense you desire. If you cant see that this entire thing was about making this system work for everyone and not just a select few, then whats the point of talking with you.

Its so cute that you think your smart enough to have the last word in this argument by only restating your previous ignorance.

I would have had to have stated some ignorance to be able to re-state it.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

If you cant see that this entire thing was about making this system work for everyone and not just a select few, then whats the point of talking with you.

It can't work for everyone and still be rare and hard to get. That's the whole point of rare and hard to get, that it's rare and hard to get.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I would have had to have stated some ignorance to be able to re-state it.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

It can't work for everyone and still be rare and hard to get. That's the whole point of rare and hard to get, that it's rare and hard to get.

Youve somehow missed in all of the discussion that the rarity is not what is in question. The delivery of the rare item is whats being questioned. There are better ways to deliver a rare item and keep it rare. It doesnt have to be some narrowminded one way or no way.

Youve somehow missed in all of the discussion that the rarity is not what is in question. The delivery of the rare item is whats being questioned. There are better ways to deliver a rare item and keep it rare. It doesnt have to be some narrowminded one way or no way.

The bottom line is, this type of questing isn't for you, and what others who enjoy this are essentially telling you is to stop speaking for them.

You want to have to spend less time getting it. That would make easier to get. That's why I keep saying what you are asking for is "Make it easy enough for me to get because the amount of time I am willing to devote to it is enough."

I found the entire dreadseed set in less then an hour.lol All about knowing where to go and what time to go at.

Geez, they need to make that stuff rarer and harder to get.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Im just gunna start getting on super late at night or very early in the morning. The early morning hours are probably best. Most people are either at work or sleeping then.

After messing with this, i figured out a pattern that seems to work. You drop the probe droid until yoy get a green marker. Then drop the droid about 15 meters away from you in the direction the green thing pointed to, then while its scanning, run to the opposite side and wait to see if the green thing point back the other way. If it does, the item is therein the middle someplace within 30 meters.

Before, i was always waiting for the green and walking in the direction of the green.

If you know a beter way, please post it for others to see.