The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Irony from Revan fanboys

Lathari

Don't you find it ironic that most Revan fanboys consider KOTOR to be many times better than KOTOR 2, but yet Kotor 2 is their main source of information for Revan fanboyism eg.

"Revan was power it was like staring into the heart of the force"-Kreia

One of the few drawbacks of Kotor 2,IMHO

Edited by Lathari

It has nothing to do with the company that made KOTOR II, it's rather that the person who wrote KOTOR II is such a better writer than the guy who wrote Bane, and Revan.

KOTOR II is basically the perfect SW game. They need to bring the writers and concept artists from KOTOR II to bioware.

Edited by EnsignSorrow

Revan is surely the most talked about Character by the Haters on this forms for sure .

Literally you can look into any Revan thread and see more hate than Darth Vader can ever dream of having .

As for the Quote , she said many things but funny how we are only suppose to take the quotes said by her for The Exile Seriously .

As for being KotoR fan that I am suppose to hate or dislike KotoR II is BS if I ever seen it.

I mostly like KotoR I because it was the first game I got my wife to play with me , next to Fable and later KotoR II .

To be honest KotoR I could have been the story of 2 and it would have no effect on me whatso ever.

Those who hate on Revan are just as bad as those who are Revan's extreme fanbase !

Matter of fact most who hate Revan would argue to the end of time why their characters are OMG AWESOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEE and cry when some writer comes along and brings them down to earth.

Revan could have died to a pebble dropping on his head and I would not be phased in how I like his character or not , but for the same to happen to other characters and people get all crazy in the long list of BS why it should not of happen and how that writer ruined the world of StarWars !

I like KotoR II , just maybe I am one of the less Biased people on this Forum :rolleyes:

Edited by mefit

It has nothing to do with the company that made KOTOR II, it's rather that the person who wrote KOTOR II is such a better writer than the guy who wrote Bane, and Revan.

KOTOR II is basically the perfect SW game. They need to bring the writers and concept artists from KOTOR II to bioware.

Well but the fact that KotoR II brought in Extremely Powerful Force Users with Powers that were Rarest in the Universe .

The Writer did do a better job but as I said before , he was writing a sequel . The Hard Part was done for him .

The First game is always the hardest to do , if KotoR did not make it and it was a Game of the Year , likely KotoR II would have never happened .

Literally KotoR II from graphics engine to story telling was copy past from KotoR . The way you talk in the game was what Bioware has done since its beginning and this is not the first time Bioware has given a game to Obsidian either.

Bioware did reject doing a KotoR II for Jades Dynasty ..............

Good or bad , does not make a big deal to me . I enjoyed KotoR II way more than Jade's Dynasty for sure.

Revan is surely the most talked about Character by the Haters on this forms for sure .

Literally you can look into any Revan thread and see more hate than Darth Vader can ever dream of having .

As for the Quote , she said many things but funny how we are only suppose to take the quotes said by her for The Exile Seriously .

As for being KotoR fan that I am suppose to hate or dislike KotoR II is BS if I ever seen it.

I mostly like KotoR I because it was the first game I got my wife to play with me , next to Fable and later KotoR II .

To be honest KotoR I could have been the story of 2 and it would have no effect on me whatso ever.

Those who hate on Revan are just as bad as those who are Revan's extreme fanbase !

Matter of fact most who hate Revan would argue to the end of time why their characters are OMG AWESOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEE and cry when some writer comes along and brings them down to earth.

Revan could have died to a pebble dropping on his head and I would not be phased in how I like his character or not , but for the same to happen to other characters and people get all crazy in the long list of BS why it should not of happen and how that writer ruined the world of StarWars !

I like KotoR II , just maybe I am one of the less Biased people on this Forum :rolleyes:

For all your quirks, you are the most reasoned person concerning this topic. :jawa_wink:

Actually never seen it taken literally by anyone, Revan fan or not. The quote in question is quite clearly a metaphor.

You must have never seen the armada of Revan fanboys spreading that quote on youtube to suggest that Revan is somehow more powerful than Vader/Sidious/Luke/Abeloth

But you do agree that KOTOR 2 had too much Revan *** kissing right

But you do agree that KOTOR 2 had too much Revan *** kissing right

I would have liked KotoR II much more if Revan was mentioned not at all .

It could have been done and it should have been and that was weak writing.

Same with this game.

Edited by mefit

For all your quirks, you are the most reasoned person concerning this topic. :jawa_wink:

Sarcasms is rich with you....

To be honest , I try not to counter you too much , after all you do seem less biased when it comes to characters or atleast keep you biased out when it comes to your fight threads.

With that said and not a direct reply to Beni......

Here let me join the Revan hate Parade maybe then I can be one of the cool kids on the threads.........

Sarcasms is rich with you....

To be honest , I try not to counter you too much , after all you do seem less biased when it comes to characters or atleast keep you biased out when it comes to your fight threads.

With that said and not a direct reply to Beni......

Here let me join the Revan hate Parade maybe then I can be one of the cool kids on the threads.........

I'm not being sarcastic! :o Edited by Beniboybling

Hating on fanboys is just as silly as the opposite, there's really not much that can be achieved from this thread.

Of course, and I've never hated on fanboys to the degree that I've been hated on. I was mreely disagreeing with you comment about mefit being the most well-reasoned person regarding Revan.

Of course, and I've never hated on fanboys to the degree that I've been hated on. I was mreely disagreeing with you comment about mefit being the most well-reasoned person regarding Revan.
Bygone be bygones, on this matter he's right. Let's just leave this alone. I'm perfectly happy to engage in a debate concerning how powerful Revan is etc. but just hating on fanboys? Its asking for trouble.

This isn't directed at you, this just seems the direction of the thread in general.

Edited by Beniboybling

I would have liked KotoR II much more if Revan was mentioned not at all .

It could have been done and it should have been and that was weak writing.

Same with this game.

I'd disagree here. Revan is not a bad character and should not be avoided by the plague. Not integrating KOTOR I with KOTOR II? That's bad writing. Not to mention the fact that Kreia's character, story and motives were very much centered around Revan and the events of the Mandalorians Wars and Jedi Civil War. Not making reference to Revan would have made little sense.

On the other hand, I would agree that Revan was somewhat shoehorned into SWTOR.

Bygone be bygones, on this matter he's right. Let's just leave this alone. I'm perfectly happy to engage in a debate concerning how powerful Revan is etc. but just hating on fanboys? Its asking for trouble.

This is directed at you, this just seems the direction of the thread in general.

I'm not one to hate on fanboys, really. Even though I've been called fanboy and such, it just isn't my thing. Sure I'll call someone fanboy, but only if it is blatantly obvious, and that's usually only when they put their fingers in their ears and spout nonsense. Luckily I haven't seen that since the Vader vs. Revan thread.

Regardless, this thread serves no real purpose other than to call out a fanbase. Not a good idea. Seems to be the par for the course with Lathari's recent threads.

I'm not one to hate on fanboys, really. Even though I've been called fanboy and such, it just isn't my thing. Sure I'll call someone fanboy, but only if it is blatantly obvious, and that's usually only when they put their fingers in their ears and spout nonsense. Luckily I haven't seen that since the Vader vs. Revan thread.

Regardless, this thread serves no real purpose other than to call out a fanbase. Not a good idea. Seems to be the par for the course with Lathari's recent threads.

I meant isn't, at least your threads are designed to inform. This is just, as you say, a call out.

Lol Vader vs Revan - glad I missed that party.

Here's a idea , lets not make a "Revan is so Awesome" or "Revan sucked so bad" threads till he's makes another appearance in a book , game , cartoon , or movie .......

Revan is not all that is good or bad about Star Wars and gets more debating than any other character and that is insane!

Edit: no more fight threads either ..... Unless we are going to have Yoda's race vs etc ! We just do not have more than Revan's achievements to go off of !

Edited by mefit