The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Duplication of legacy and rename on alt server ?

JAMES_PRYDE

I have found out, that yes you can unlock your legacy on another server, hence duplicating it (thank you EA) And that once it is unlocked on the new server, it becomes separate to your main legacy.

My question is, can you then rename it on the new server, with out it changing the name of the original. Should work in theory ?

The Legacy on your original server and the new server are completely separate, anything you do on one server will not affect the other server. You are not in essence duplicating it as each server is a separate entity. You can make a Legacy on every single server available and call them the same name or different names, it makes no difference. But you can only have 1 Legacy on any 1 Server (/per account)

I adopted a legacy for the other server, but now when I go to rename it with a cartel token, it says "Cannot be renamed for another 644 Hours ?"

Any help

Let me get this straight: You transfered a character to a different server (if that is the case, I assume you're coming from an APAC server, since regular transfers aren't implemented yet) and now you wanted to change the name of that Legacy via a Cartel Item, and it wouldn't let you.

If this is the case, I would call this most unpleasant, because I was having a similiar idea for one of my characters. Having to wait a month upon transfer to rename a Legacy, not good at all.

• 3 years later...
This comes three years late, but I just saw this post. The way to change the legacy name, is not to change it per say. What you have to do, is to make a new character on the destined server, on which you want to transfer, wait until level 10, to name your legacy, and then transfer any character from any server to a new server on which you have already named your new legacy. All of the legacy is transferred, everything you unlocked is there, but it stays that way, until you progress it with the server you have picked for transfer. Once again, you all probably know this by now, but at least information is here.