DPS - level 30+ - looking for advice

JebusJM

Hey guys,

I'm currently leveling a level 30 Vanguard through PvP. I've always wanted to be a good DPS for our team. I'm just looking for some advice, especially with the skill tree and how to pace out my energy cells so I'm not always on no ammo. I still seem to be having some trouble even with Strong's the same level as me. It'll take all my skills and energy cells just to get the Strong down to 25%.

Here is a screenshot of my layout (the SS is from when my character turned invisible in PvP): http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9831/swtor20130609024632536.jpg

Thanks guys!

~Jebus

Between getting your healer early and the class being very strong until at least low 50s you should not be having problems as a vanguard in any spec in pve. For faster levelling go assault. Keep your mods no more than 4-6 levels below your level and barrels get changed at least once every 4 levels. Now, in pvp tanking sucks unless you have guaranteed competent heals. Again, assault works best imo, especially at lower levels. In the upper 30s perhaps you can try tactics although it's a bit of a late bloomer.

If you want to DPS in PvP don't even bother with a VG right now. They're 'viable' if you want to call them that in PvE, but as far as i've heard they're useless in PvP at 55. Tanking is still fine I believe, if not better then it used to be.

If you want to DPS in PvP don't even bother with a VG right now. They're 'viable' if you want to call them that in PvE, but as far as i've heard they're useless in PvP at 55. Tanking is still fine I believe, if not better then it used to be.

The VG dps being "useless" that you have heard is likely referring to Ranked WZs. In regs, DPS VGs are still more than capable of topping damage, while spreading taunts and supporting objectives. Assault did get nerfed, but not into the oblivion the forums would suggest. Tactics is stronger than pre 2.0 and is quite good at 1v1s, if that is your thing. Shield is now arguably the strongest regular wz tank and is, in fact, viable in Ranked matches.

For the vast majority who don't do ranked matches, VG is still a solid choice for pvp.