The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone Round 1 Match 09: Sora Bulq vs. Darth Vader

Aurbere

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Vader, reason being that it would be impossible for Sora Bulq to keep it to a straight up lightsaber duel, given Vader's mastery of TK being such that he can be engaged in saber combat and hurl multiple objects at Bulq at the same time. Bulq would have to be constantly on the run and given his lack of defense in his style, he would be quickly overwhelmed by Vader's force abilities.

Concerning Vaapad, doesn't Vader feed off th weakest emotion th dark side has to offer? If so then th advantage Bulq would get from Vaapad would be minimal.

Darth Vader, reason being that it would be impossible for Sora Bulq to keep it to a straight up lightsaber duel, given Vader's mastery of TK being such that he can be engaged in saber combat and hurl multiple objects at Bulq at the same time. Bulq would have to be constantly on the run and given his lack of defense in his style, he would be quickly overwhelmed by Vader's force abilities.

Concerning Vaapad, doesn't Vader feed off th weakest emotion th dark side has to offer? If so then th advantage Bulq would get from Vaapad would be minimal.

The battle's over, but I completely agree with you.

Maybe you should make an official announcement Aurbere.

The battle's over, but I completely agree with you.

Maybe you should make an official announcement Aurbere.

I did make an announcement.

I proclaim this match (and the side debate that was created) to be over. Darth Vader was the clear victor here.

Stay tuned for the next match.

Perhaps it wasn't "official" enough. Well there it is again.

Oh... missed that. :p

Meh, it happens. I wasn't going to bother with a winning scenario because, well, was there any need? Those scenarios are meant to build up suspense to the final winner. The winner here was so obvious that there was really no need for a scenario.

Meh, it happens. I wasn't going to bother with a winning scenario because, well, was there any need? Those scenarios are meant to build up suspense to the final winner. The winner here was so obvious that there was really no need for a scenario.

Vader trolls him with Dun Moch.

Yes match 10, am interested to see who is next!

Unfortunately there will be a small delay on match 10. At least until I get things sorted out so that we don't have this kind of fiasco again.

Most likely Darth Traya or Darth Malgus will be in the next match.

Hmm....alright then.

Shouldn't take too long. I just need to get Obi-Wan and Ulic Qel-Droma suitable match-ups. The brackets have gone through several changes so this issue has come up a few times. I usually get it sqaured away during each debate.

Edited by Aurbere

Unfortunately there will be a small delay on match 10. At least until I get things sorted out so that we don't have this kind of fiasco again.

Most likely Darth Traya or Darth Malgus will be in the next match.

Yay! Darth Traya! Darth Malgus is good too.

Time to get real!

But about this debate, sometimes it just can't be avoided. Seeding just works that way.

P.S. I'm going to hazard a guess that Traya will be going up against Tenebrous. No need to tell me if I right or wrong but I'm just guessing. That is... if Tenebrous is still in this. We really don't know too much about him.

Yay! Darth Traya! Darth Malgus is good too.

Time to get real!

But about this debate, sometimes it just can't be avoided. Seeding just works that way.

P.S. I'm going to hazard a guess that Traya will be going up against Tenebrous. No need to tell me if I right or wrong but I'm just guessing. That is... if Tenebrous is still in this. We really don't know too much about him.

I'll do my best to avoid such seeding, but if it happens, it happens.

Tenebrous was replaced by Agen Kolar. I think you will be surprised by who Traya faces.

Once I get everything squared away, I'll necro the original thread to bring everyone up to speed.

I'll do my best to avoid such seeding, but if it happens, it happens.

Tenebrous was replaced by Agen Kolar. I think you will be surprised by who Traya faces.

Once I get everything squared away, I'll necro the original thread to bring everyone up to speed.

Hmm...surprised huh?

Not yet. I'm stuck on Ulic Qel-Droma. :mad:
Well Ulic is a very well-rounded character so I think he could go up against just about anyone. However I'd suggest you pit him against someone more geared to the Force, to play off against his excellent lightsaber ability. Or at least a lightsaber duelist of equal calibre.

Well Ulic is a very well-rounded character so I think he could go up against just about anyone. However I'd suggest you pit him against someone more geared to the Force, to play off against his excellent lightsaber ability. Or at least a lightsaber duelist of equal calibre.

That's the thing, though. It's difficult to find him a good opponent. I had originally put him against Kas'im, because of Kas'im's overinflated reputation, but I'm thinking of just scrapping him.

I should be done soon, though.