Nickel and Diming Subscribers

CassandraP

I love this game. I am a paying subscriber. I have put up with bugs, being kicked from the server (random dc's), and the list goes on...all because I love this game.

My suggestion is that paying subscribers should have access to ALL content of the game. I include vanity appearance designs, gear, etc. in ALL content.

I pay 14.99 a month to have access to everything not just most everything and then if I want to enjoy a character makeover I have to come up with real cash out of pocket in addition to my monthly subscription fee?

Please make a change for your subscribers. It should cost in game credits to use the appearance designer.

Also it should cost in game credits for gear and other things subscribers may be interested in purchasing that are on the Cartel Market. Put a subscriber vendor/kiosk in the game to serve this purpose. Only paying subscribers will be eligible to purchase from this vendor/kiosk. Said vendor/kiosk will have all cartel market items for sale inexchange for in game credits except for cartel market items that are not applicable to a paying subscriber.

Yes, I realize that you are giving us complementary cartel coins to cover some of this stuff, but the amount of complimentary cartel coins is a joke when compared to the cost of items on the cartel market. I would much rather work for items and in game appearance changes in game than give you more cash during a single month.

And something like the human hair kit and human hair dye kit, that should be free to subscribers or add it to an in-game subscriber vendor where it can be purchased using credits.

Yes, vanity should be included in our monthly subscription fee.

I don't want to be nickel and dimed. Leave that for the F2P players.

Even though you've addressed most of the solutions I'm going to give you, I don't think it would hurt to re-affirm them.

You get a monthly allotment of Cartel Coins. Use these to buy your make overs. For more expensive things like name changes, either save up for two months OR pay for some more Cartel Coins. In no other MMO do you get a name change for free, I believe they are £12 in WoW for a name and appearance change all in one. In SWTOR, you do have the option of it being completely free if you wait or cheap if you use coins.

Cosmetic items? Gear? Easy. People buy things from the Cartel Market all the time and put them on the GTN. Buy from players who are happy to splash real life cash on this game.

I do not say this often but the problem with a good chunk of the TOR playerbase is that they are too entitled. None of the items that go up on the Cartel Market are a necessity for the game if you are a subscriber.

I dunno......

I kinda feel like, if you were preferred over a sub, you get just as much content. What does our $15 get us? Unlimited entry to ops, FP's, and PVP? The ability to talk more in chat? At 55 i wouldn't mind a bit more for my money.

My son had a suggestion that the EA & the developers give everything that subscribers have to the F2P player base. He said 1st make it a level playing field.

Then he suggested to completely revamp the Cartel market and quit selling useless items.

For example: sell 100% & 200% experience boosts vs. the measly 25% boosts that feel like "here you go for being a good little child". Also raise the % on the valor boosts.

The developers artists need to change the armor designs possibly turning over design to the player base who could design much more profitable Cartel items for said player base to purchase. This is how SWTOR could make their profits.

A lot of players including myself think the armor and weapon designs are sub par, but deal with it because we love the game. I hope this doesn't insult anyone or make them feel bad, but my opinion needs to be expressed.

I suggest that more attention is paid to color and complimenting the models form. Giving us ****ty outfit options like the princess Leia outfit does not fill in this need.

Even commando heavy armor could be designed complimentary to a female form whether human or alien so that she gives an heir of toughness and sexiness all at the same time. Right now, it's all the same boring stuff with very little variation. Just dirty white and brown blah's. Selling us dye packs with colors we don't want doesn't fill this need either.

Let's get some more hair styles for all species, not just humans, more hair color, options in general.

I don't know much about game development or changing things after a game is created, but I played AION for a bit recently and the apearance choices and armor choices, clothing in general in that game blows SWTOR outtta the park. How did they do it? Is it possible for SWTOR to add such choices to our game?

Let the players help. Let the community design stuff. You'd be surprised how many people are willing to design stuff for free just to have bragging rights or have it on their resume. The player base could make the Cartel Market the profitable engine EA wants it to be.

And then...I would part with more than 14.99 a month more readily.

Two separate things.

If the Cartel Market is super profitable instead of being somewhat profitable, then there would not be a need for subscriptions. SWTOR could go the way of GW2 and Defiance with a one time purchase and make profits off the cash shop, i.e. the Cartel Market.

Yes, vanity should be included in our monthly subscription fee.

I don't want to be nickel and dimed. Leave that for the F2P players.

With all due respect, did you miss the memo where the game went F2P, therefore it has to make the money it was losing outside of subscriptions?

And as for "nickel and dimining" F2Players...really?

You think someone who won't pay the relatively low monthly fee to play the game will spend enough money in armor sets and unlocks to keep the game afloat?

When the game went F2P we all knew some things were going to change. The one that's kind of a biggie was that some things (vanity items) would be offered through the cartel market.

That, ultimately, saved a game that wasn't doing as well as was expected.

I'm 100% fine with them charging for people to change their hairstyle, dye their hair purple and use that "cool looking speeder".

None of the above give them an unfair advantage and considering this is a F2P game, sacrificing vanity items to save it is a small price to pay.

I'd rather pay for an armor set I really like, than not have the game at all.

PS: Yes, your monthly free CCs could not possibly cover everything you want to buy. Just like the money you get from your job. So use them wisely, just like you do with them.

Also, you know you can buy 95% of CM items from the GTN, right?

Edited by TheNahash

I personally think Collection Redemption should be free for Subscribers. If I have a nice Meditation Chair or a Throne or a Skiff or a Monkey Lizard on one toon, I should be able to redeem that item on any other toon...free of charge. Why? Because I am a subscriber. It should cost for non-subs or preferred, not for those currently paying 15 a month. I think it's a slap in the face when I go and buy a cartel pack, get a nice (rare) item and I want to use it on all my toons but I have to pay a "small, one time" fee. A white color crystal is 600 cc? A throne is 600 cc? Fine, fine if I'm playing this game for free, but this needs to be a perk for Subs.

I dunno......

I kinda feel like, if you were preferred over a sub, you get just as much content. What does our $15 get us? Unlimited entry to ops, FP's, and PVP? The ability to talk more in chat? At 55 i wouldn't mind a bit more for my money.

As usual, if you think sub is a bad deal, go Preferred. As others have stated in threads like this, within a month you will either re-sub or you will quit entirely, thus proving to you what you get for your sub fee.

As usual, if you think sub is a bad deal, go Preferred. As others have stated in threads like this, within a month you will either re-sub or you will quit entirely, thus proving to you what you get for your sub fee.

I'm not saying i wat Lotto winnings, and im not saying what we get is bad. I'm saying it would be nice to get something that Preferred or F2P dont have access to.