Level 54 gear

sirullrich

If good players use keybindings and bad players dont use them, baddies can calls keybinding as exploit, and feel free make tickets to Customer Support about good players who used keybindings for their advantage in pvp :D

Feel free to report BW's Customer Support about players, who used this gear *exploit*, but please, after that put here BW's answer when you get about them :D

How is that anything like exploiting currently broken game/bolster mechanics to get an edge in the game?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really an exploit though? The whole point if bolster was to allow virtually any gear types in WZs.

It is a curious question, but most of my peeps are running full pvp gear....

It's not an exploit, but it's also not working as intended.

No actually it is working as intended. The point of bolster was to make all gear viable in a WZ. Not once did they say exactly what that meant...

Even with that being said, the purple stuff is not better than PvP gear when you look at it from a piece by piece perspective....

Here is a breakdown(both unaugmented).

Partisan Ear:

END= 2856

STR= 2069

EXP=1994

Force Sweep rating: 2334

Purple 54 Ear:

END= 2848

STR= 2063

EXP= 1993

Force Sweep rating: 2328

I do get +Surge and +Crit, but again I lost attack rating/EXP and END to get them. So its NOT an exploit, and it can't be considered "not intended" because it makes it viable, not 100% BiS (which is debatable). then add that you can craft this stuff for nothing, then it lessen the impact of them in WZs, as everyone has access to them if the favor better stat allocation. To each his own, but this isn't an exploit (not opinion, the numbers show it) or unintended (until BW says otherwise).

Do we know that it isn't working "as intended?" Just because some peeps don't like something, doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't intended. Personally, I don't like being killed while in full stun-lock w/o being to fire off a single ability, but that appears to be something the devs intended, for example..

Edited by BoushhDC

No actually it is working as intended. The point of bolster was to make all gear viable in a WZ. Not once did they say exactly what that meant...

Even with that being said, the purple stuff is not better than PvP gear when you look at it from a piece by piece perspective....

Here is a breakdown(both unaugmented).

Partisan Ear:

END= 2856

STR= 2069

EXP=1994

Force Sweep rating: 2334

Purple 54 Ear:

END= 2848

STR= 2063

EXP= 1993

Force Sweep rating: 2328

I do get +Surge and +Crit, but again I lost attack rating/EXP and END to get them. So its NOT an exploit, and it can't be considered "not intended" because it makes it viable, not 100% BiS (which is debatable). then add that you can craft this stuff for nothing, then it lessen the impact of them in WZs, as everyone has access to them if the favor better stat allocation. To each his own, but this isn't an exploit (not opinion, the numbers show it) or unintended (until BW says otherwise).

If you gain crit then that's why your damage on smash went down. You used the wrong thing.

It's not working as designed, and those using them know this as well. Our server had a ton of peeps frothing at the mouth about using /stuck, as it was essentially a "lame" way to play, but many of said peeps have no qualms about abusing what's not intended with the crafted gear. Why initially the blame falls on the worst PvP Development team I have ever known or heard of, each player still should bear some accountability, and just stick with PvP gear. Sadly, you can't police it, so there really isn't anything anyone can do, so is what it is....

Bottom line failure everywhere, and it starts with SWTOR development, because they have proven this over and over again. Amateur hour folks...is what we have for development.

Also, i would save up all ur money and sell all that you can for 2.2, since finaly crafters will be able to Craft lvl 55 armor/gear. And that's gonna be probably at least 2mill a set.?

Problem still is that, it seems it will just be PvE gear and Not Pvp gear when they should be able to craft both armor for PvE and PvP.

Edited by MandFlurry

It's not working as designed, and those using them know this as well. Our server had a ton of peeps frothing at the mouth about using /stuck, as it was essentially a "lame" way to play, but many of said peeps have no qualms about abusing what's not intended with the crafted gear. Why initially the blame falls on the worst PvP Development team I have ever known or heard of, each player still should bear some accountability, and just stick with PvP gear. Sadly, you can't police it, so there really isn't anything anyone can do, so is what it is....

Bottom line failure everywhere, and it starts with SWTOR development, because they have proven this over and over again. Amateur hour folks...is what we have for development.

It's Bioware mistake to "allow" such a bug to happen, it is players fault to have to abuse every little inch to get an advantage over other people. PvP player could just agree on using only pvp gear when entering ranked but that doesn't happen... does it and that's the main problem right there. People are too stupid to realise that overall they scrap real competitive play with their own ignorant actions and then they wonder why they can't play any fun rankeds anymore.

If you gain crit then that's why your damage on smash went down. You used the wrong thing.

I'm a hybrid tank. Compare mine to the vindicator.. I need crit somewhere for viable dps... Even if I went with the power heavy one, the numbers are still in line with each other, and that is compared to partisan.

The bonus damage difference is a bit over 7. Yes 7HP. And that number shrinks even more because the difference in EXP is slightly lower...

I also lost some crit since my main went down and lost 320HP... So the delta us not as much as it appears on the scoresheet...

So my point remains. It's a clear tradeoff and personal choice in stat allocation. Not exploit, and not unintended...

Exploit or not, what's stopping them from an emergency patch to fix this? The only thing I can think of is a clear lack of understanding on how to correct the issue without creating other problems. Or they don't have the manpower.

Coding competency.

It is most definitely an exploit. They are using a known bug to their advantage, very definition of an exploit.

I'm currently leveling a new toon and i craft my own gear. I have access to this gear a full level earlier than pvp gear, and once i have it why should i downgrade to pvp gear? No way you can call this an exploit.

I'm a hybrid tank. Compare mine to the vindicator.. I need crit somewhere for viable dps... Even if I went with the power heavy one, the numbers are still in line with each other, and that is compared to partisan.

The bonus damage difference is a bit over 7. Yes 7HP. And that number shrinks even more because the difference in EXP is slightly lower...

I also lost some crit since my main went down and lost 320HP... So the delta us not as much as it appears on the scoresheet...

So my point remains. It's a clear tradeoff and personal choice in stat allocation. Not exploit, and not unintended...

Pardon my bluntness, but you don't seem to have any idea what this exploit entails or how it works. From your posts it seems like you're under the impression that people are using the crafted gear because they like its stat budget better, when in actuality it's being used because bolster adds hundreds of extra stats that shouldn't be there when you enter a warzone using crafted 54s. This happens because bolster treats the crafted purple gear as if it's green quality, thus tricking the system into adding a lot of extra stats to make up for what is assumed to be much lower quality gear than you're actually wearing.

The effects of this bug are most obvious with the crafted level 54 weapons, which will add more than 150 force/tech power and 300+ weapon damage over conqueror when you enter a warzone, because of bolster. Ryvirath has provided a screenshot in the other thread to show this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=htuzqd&s=5

If looking at that screenshot doesn't immediately show you that this is completely unintended and potentially game-breaking, I don't know what else to tell you.

Edited by Trephination

Pardon my bluntness, but you don't seem to have any idea what this exploit entails or how it works. From your posts it seems like you're under the impression that people are using the crafted gear because they like its stat budget better, when in actuality it's being used because bolster adds hundreds of extra stats that shouldn't be there when you enter a warzone using crafted 54s. This happens because bolster treats the crafted purple gear as if it's green quality, thus tricking the system into adding a lot of extra stats to make up for what is assumed to be much lower quality gear than you're actually wearing.

The effects of this bug are most obvious with the crafted level 54 weapons, which will add more than 150 force/tech power and 300+ weapon damage over conqueror when you enter a warzone, because of bolster. Ryvirath has provided a screenshot in the other thread to show this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=htuzqd&s=5

If looking at that screenshot doesn't immediately show you that this is completely unintended and potentially game-breaking, I don't know what else to tell you.

You don't need to tell me anything... That SS shows exactly what I said you lose crit, end, and EXP when you make that trade. How about you post another screen shot of project with your PVP weapon on? I bet the delta is virtuqlky zero in the grand scheme of PVP. There is no trick.

Bolster makes all gear viable. How viable can be debated forever, but since there is not a decided advantage in wearing either pieces you can't call one an exploit. You just disagree where the bolster bar is set at...

Also please show me a crafted purple 54 that has 150 more force/tech. Sorry but its BS friend...

Good post. I am not using 54s but a TON of people I know are. Bioware should be all over this, but they very likely have little idea how to fix given that when they patch this one - there's going to be another tier of gear that could potentially cause the exact same issue. People will find it and this will start all over again.

You don't need to tell me anything... That SS shows exactly what I said you lose crit, end, and EXP when you make that trade. How about you post another screen shot of project with your PVP weapon on? I bet the delta is virtuqlky zero in the grand scheme of PVP. There is no trick.

Bolster makes all gear viable. How viable can be debated forever, but since there is not a decided advantage in wearing either pieces you can't call one an exploit. You just disagree where the bolster bar is set at...

Also please show me a crafted purple 54 that has 150 more force/tech. Sorry but its BS friend...

How are you seeing a stat loss in the screenshot I linked? That player clearly still has over 2000 expertise (FULL 60% damage bonus) while retaining almost 2000 weapon damage. Conqueror weapon damage tops out at just over 1600 in a warzone.

You're looking at the crafted weapon stats outside of a warzone and thinking everything's ok. The exploit involves the bugged interaction between bolster and the crafted gear, which is where you see the inflated stats and is only in effect inside a warzone. I suggest you read through the massive thread in this forum to see various other screenshots if the one I linked is not enough for you.

Here's another one Ryvirath has provided, showing 1424 force power:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25iorq8&s=5

That's ~150 higher than if you had full conqueror with nothing but power mods on a shadow.

How are you seeing a stat loss in the screenshot I linked? That player clearly still has over 2000 expertise (FULL 60% damage bonus) while retaining almost 2000 weapon damage. Conqueror weapon damage tops out at just over 1600 in a warzone.

You're looking at the crafted weapon stats outside of a warzone and thinking everything's ok. The exploit involves the bugged interaction between bolster and the crafted gear, which is where you see the inflated stats and is only in effect inside a warzone. I suggest you read through the massive thread in this forum to see various other screenshots if the one I linked is not enough for you.

That's ~150 higher than if you had full conqueror with nothing but power mods on a shadow.

Bam!

:rak_03:

That screen shot show 1424 BONUS DAMAGE.... Which is comprised of main, forcepower, and power. If he has a screen showing lower numbers with partisan, I might beleive it... But you won't. Why? You lose main... So the gain in fp is opposed to the loss in main, thereby making it a wash.

Also where is the PVP percentage showing "full" exp? Sorry but my calc puts 2008exp around 58%.... Not full.. and that for a into how strong attacks are in PVP.

To be blunt those screen only show numbers with that stuff on, and don't even have mouseovers showing stats to back up you claim.

That screen shot show 1424 BONUS DAMAGE.... Which is comprised of main, forcepower, and power. If he has a screen showing lower numbers with partisan, I might beleive it... But you won't. Why? You lose main... So the gain in fp is opposed to the loss in main, thereby making it a wash.

Also where is the PVP percentage showing "full" exp? Sorry but my calc puts 2008exp around 58%.... Not full.. and that for a into how strong attacks are in PVP.

To be blunt those screen only show numbers with that stuff on, and don't even have mouseovers showing stats to back up you claim.

I'm afraid we're finished here. If you're so far removed from the game's current stat budget that you can see 1420+ bonus damage on a shadow without immediately recognizing a glaring issue, there's no point in having this discussion.

Hint: It isn't even in the realm of possibility with perfectly power-stacked conq. gear.

Hey guy that thinks this is not an exploit and not unintended, there is another post regarding this issue. BW, Eric, posted in that thread that they are working to resolve the issue. I want to pose a question to you, if its not an exploit and not unintended then what "issue" are they working on? Do some research before you open your mouth... I provided a link for you, enjoy!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645792

I'm afraid we're finished here. If you're so far removed from the game's current stat budget that you can see 1420+ bonus damage on a shadow without immediately recognizing a glaring issue, there's no point in having this discussion.

Hint: It isn't even in the realm of possibility with perfectly power-stacked conq. gear.

This. Perfectly min/maxed conqeuror gear will come ABSOLUTELY nowhere close to 1420 bonus damage at 2008 expertise. It's a huge issue, Eric and Amber have hopefully passed this onto the PVP team.

Edited by revcrisis