Need help for pvp Tank jug

Hello Fellow Jugs,

I'm running the partisan tank set with Immortal spec I have all of the defense in the tree. What augments should I run on my gear to be able to take a beating and stay up? It just feels like Im wearing nothing and ate up by dps. Help me forumkeobi your my only hope :cool:

Thank you

For Jugg tanks the absolute best augments you can use are the ones that boost your defense rating,

But if you feel your defense is high enough you can stack other tanking stats.

While the +Endurance augments look pretty, and one or two don't hurt, you'd be much better off if the majority of your augments were defense.

Another thing, while it'll take more grinding, what most Juggs do is use the Vindicator set bonus.

The set bonus gives you an 8% heal every time you intercede (2pc) and force charge a 10% increase to your damage (4pc).

This means grinding out a full dps set just for the armorings, but personally I find more beneficial in the long run as opposed to a longer force choke and 5% damage increase.

Although if grind seems too tedious just getting the two piece intercede heal is good enough.

I hope I answered all you asked for, and good luck in your pvp tanking.

For Jugg tanks the absolute best augments you can use are the ones that boost your defense rating,

I started building my tanking set recently, so I've been reading up on jugg PvP tanking a lot. While I didn't really find any conclusive info on absorb or defense stacking in terms of mods and enhancements, the general consensus as far as augments go is to stack endurance.

Is anyone else using defense augs? How is it working out for you? Just looking for some info.

I started building my tanking set recently, so I've been reading up on jugg PvP tanking a lot. While I didn't really find any conclusive info on absorb or defense stacking in terms of mods and enhancements, the general consensus as far as augments go is to stack endurance.

Is anyone else using defense augs? How is it working out for you? Just looking for some info.

For PvP, people need to stop caring so much about mitigation. You need to realize that a lot of attacks auto crit, internal etc, and it devalues mitigation no matter what. The most important stat for pvp as a tank now is Damage Reduction and Endurance. DR is flat through tiered gear, so effectively the most important "changeable" stat is endurance. You are an extra health pool for your team, and therefore you need to have as much as possible, as well as knowing that in huttball being able to pop up to 50k hp with EP up is hugely important for clutch ball carries. Mitigation plays a secondary role in PvP for a lot of reasons, and Im surprised that it isnt common sense.

Expertise effectively is also devalued because most teams wont be hitting you usually, they'll be hitting your guard (aside from huttball ofc). I recommend using endurance crystals in most if not all cases. That will still give you ~1937 expertise in warzones depending on any pve gear you use.

For PvP, people need to stop caring so much about mitigation. You need to realize that a lot of attacks auto crit, internal etc, and it devalues mitigation no matter what. The most important stat for pvp as a tank now is Damage Reduction and Endurance. DR is flat through tiered gear, so effectively the most important "changeable" stat is endurance. You are an extra health pool for your team, and therefore you need to have as much as possible, as well as knowing that in huttball being able to pop up to 50k hp with EP up is hugely important for clutch ball carries. Mitigation plays a secondary role in PvP for a lot of reasons, and Im surprised that it isnt common sense.

Expertise effectively is also devalued because most teams wont be hitting you usually, they'll be hitting your guard (aside from huttball ofc). I recommend using endurance crystals in most if not all cases. That will still give you ~1937 expertise in warzones depending on any pve gear you use.

Thanks a lot for the input. One question though, from what I read it's not recommended to mix PvP and PvE gear, like having a PvE armoring and PvP mod/enhancement. Will having an endurance crystal in my PvP main hand / off-hand mess with my bolster?

Thanks a lot for the input. One question though, from what I read it's not recommended to mix PvP and PvE gear, like having a PvE armoring and PvP mod/enhancement. Will having an endurance crystal in my PvP main hand / off-hand mess with my bolster?

Short Answer: Yes it will mess with your Bolster.

Long Answer:

lolBolster has many many issues right now. Currently the 54 Ear and Implants are BIS, and the rest is really debateable.

Many people are reporting getting to 1950-2000 Expertise Bolstered with only 7 Pieces of PvP gear, while utilizing crafted level 54s and iLvl 61 Modified gear (I haven't seen any good screen shots of any 63, but people swear it bolsters like, or near 61s).

So yes, you could actually mix some PvE and PvP gear and still be viable (if not moreso) if you're looking to keep set bonuses. But do not mix PvE and PvP in the same slot, however I will be experimenting with the 41 END crystals soon in PvP gear.

If anything, if you have the coin to try it out - at the start of the warzone rip out the Expertise crystals, put in the END Crystals, and refresh your character window. If your expertise falls below 1950, don't do it. Past that record your numbers on PvP Damage and Defense, and see if the tradeoff is worth the 810+bonus % HP. Usually, its not.

Its a total was for the extra endurance. You drop to 1936 expertise, which is the same exact percentage of mitigation lost as what I gain in endurance, and the nice thing about the end is that since I act as an extra HP pool for my team its more effective imo

Its a total was for the extra endurance. You drop to 1936 expertise, which is the same exact percentage of mitigation lost as what I gain in endurance, and the nice thing about the end is that since I act as an extra HP pool for my team its more effective imo

Yea if its an even tradeoff, keep the expertise. It's nice being the extra HP pool for people you guard, but not at the expense of solid overall mitigation and damage (which is what Expertise is). I don't see 900 hp being worth that drop (now if it was like 2-3k, done!)

I'm about a day or two from Partisan MH and OH, and then I need to min/max my mods and enhancements. I haven't found a 54 crafted MH and OH yet. I'll post screen shots soon of what different gear does to bolster.

Given the absolute waste of time and effort it takes to get level 61-63 PvE gear I probably wont be able to post any of that unfortunately.

Edited by Maelael

I really want to complete this test with 54 crafted MH/OH. If anyone reading this can make these on BC please forum PM me, as I should have my partisan MH tonight and maybe even the OH too if the queue isn't molasses.

Will see how fast I am at ripping out augs and putting them back in heh.

The crafted mh available from the armstechs is crap. So are the implants. The ear and the OH are good. When I put on all the crafted stuff other than the chest I noticed my force damage went up a bit, but my melee damage went down more. Yes, the MH damage number goes up but tooltip damage numbers for ravage, impale, and VT go down. Sticking with my current setup.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.