The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Achievement combination error

OwenP

I'm not sure what has happened but I have transferred characters from 2 different Legacies from Oceanic servers, Dalborra and Master Dar'Nala, to The Harbinger and found that a lot of the Achievement totals are combining exponentially with quite outrageous totals. I have 3960/1000 Enemies dispatched for Aric Jorgan on my Trooper (where as before transfer I had only around 800 kills) but the achievement has not been granted! Still showing as Incomplete. Yet, I'm no mathematician, but 3960 is more than the required 1000, yes? Carry the 1, divide by zero, count my toes... same result. Many other kill totals are showing very similar unbalanced numbers without rewarding the Achievements. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing on there transfers?

Recently I also noticed that the Exploration sections on the planets would change depending on which character was selected. That being that if I had a character who had just about all map areas of a planet explored needing only one more area to complete that Achievement, I could switch over to another character who had only seen the landing platform and the Achievement would change to require all other areas uncovered before granting the Achievement. I just had to find the characters with the least amount of work to do to complete most of those type of achievements... didn't seem to take the whole legacy into account at all.

Edited by OwenP
updating

And now it's really a bug: Just transferred my Imperial Agent (lvl16) to The Harbinger and received the completion of Taris Assailant - Republic (750 humanoid dispatches). The only problem is I have only completed the first tier: Taris Basher- Republic (/50), and have not, according to the Achievement page, completed the 2 intermediates: Taris Brawler- Republic (/100) or Taris Enforcer- Republic (/250).

The worst thing is, they are Republic Achievements and this character is obviously Imperial yet the achievements granted when he logged in... what gives?

Edited by OwenP

Now it's just getting ridiculous! :mad: Since most of the tally totals on my Achievements are actually over and above the required totals, like 3960/1000, anytime I successfully add to these achievements the totals do not increase, yet the actual achievement has not been granted, still mostly showing as Incomplete.

Anyone else having similar issues or am I the only one broken after transferring from Dalborra to Harbinger? I've raised an in-game ticket, still waiting to hear back. If this bug has stopped all my achievements from progressing I'd call it a pretty major issue.

You're not the only person. Saw your thread and this is why I wanted to hold back on transferring, but because my guild already transferred over and wanted to raid, I have to.

Transferred my first character over, every looked fine.

Transferred my second character over, and boom, every doubled. I got rewarded one achievement, but the rest are all over the totals. Have not tried to "complete" them.

Very disappointed. BioWare as usual... Never testing sufficiently.

This is what I was afraid of, I have been working really hard on my achievements and once you have killed 5000 damn things on Coruscant, you really do go mad if you lose it.

I am waiting for consolidation. I wish everyone else wasn't transferring now cos server pops will suck. But better I play in ghost town for two months than have my whole account screwed.

I don't get why everyone is transferring now. Wait for all the bugs to be worked out!

Same thing happened to me after merging legacies. Looks like it broke any of the achievements for number of kills with active companions that were partially completed, the only ones that weren't effected were the ones that were finished or had 0 kills.

I'm still waiting for any response to my ticket #9220400. I think at least a CS could acknowledge that this has happened and make a warning note for others trying to transfer so they can be aware of it. I have warned my Guildmates of the issue but an official response would be appreciated. Feeling left out in the cold here, and not the good Hoth kind of cold either, the deep space no oxygen dead kind of cold.....

Just like to know if Bw is at least going to give us the points for the achievements or revert those changes.:rak_02:

Unfortunately its not only the companion kill achievements, some of the pvp achievements are broken as well .

This is a bug for every single person who has transferred.

Basically, any counting achievement - PVP, FPs, companions, planets, etc - that were partially achieved (if you had 0, you're fine) have been multipled by the number of characters you transferred.

E.g. Dance with 1000 womp rats

You had 400/1000.

You transfer 10 characters.

You now have 4000/1000 womp rats.

The achievement is still incomplete, but you now cannot dance with any more womprats, because it thinks you are over the limit. Every single counting achievement is stuck for every single player who transferred.

The bad news? We are all screwed. The good news, as it is everyone and as BW want people to pay for transfers from Tuesday, they will probably fix it in 2.2. And as it is a specific maths bug depending on characters transferred, they should (hopefully) be able to restore it to what it was.

Very disappointed. BioWare as usual... Never testing sufficiently.

They did test sufficiently... they used the APAC transfers as guinea pigs for their paid transfer system. We are the test, cos they don't much care about us anyway. This way they can fix it before their precious American customers have to try it.