The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability to hold more quests at one time.

I believe the justification is that having a longer quest log would slow the game down.

However, I find that hard to believe. Why is that case exclusively with swtor and not with other games?

This problem is further compacted by the inability to retrieve planetary questlines.

I think it's a pretty obvious thing to move to the next planet when you're over-levelled for the quests you're currently doing. Also, I think I am probably not the only person that gets excited at the idea of a new planet, and rushes to check it out as soon as possible.

This means your quest-log fills up pretty quickly, and the natural thing to do is abandon quests. I had NO IDEA that abandoning particular quests would shut that content off for me... forever. Yes, there's a warning. However, there's also a warning for the quests that you CAN pick up again. I read it the first time and (again I think, like most people) didn't bother to read it for the second time. Thus I didn't see the difference.

On a sidenote, as it is so important, I do think that the planet quest abandonment warning should be in red text so it's not as easy to miss.

My girlfriend actually unsubscribed over this issue- she didn't realise either, and really wanted to play Hoth. We were trying to pick up quests together so she abandoned a questline in order to pick it up again with me, and boom- Hoth was gone.

After 8 messages to customer support and 8 automated replies she no longer wants to play the game. Sad for me, because we were really enjoying levelling together.