Why doesn't Sith Inq. stun break with damage?

Gratus_Mortuus

I don't play Sith, so I'm not familiar with the names of the spells, but with a Sith Inq. there is a spell that makes you twist in a stun type shock state and another that does purple lightning damage. What happens a lot in PvP is I get placed in what seems like a very long stun mode, where I can't do a thing if my "break free" is down as it often is, and then just get lightning to death while I'm totally helpless.

In the past I thought this was the result of one Sith Inq. but now realize it must be two of them; one stunning me and one lightning me.

It seems over powered. Most stuns break, or "should" break upon receiving damage, but this one doesn't.

I'm genuinely not trying to QQ here. The fact is I hate all forms of CC, with the insane amount of Mezz in DAoC as an example. There is no "fight" when the opponent can't fight back.

Constructive feedback would be appreciated.

-Gratus

It has nothing to do with SI.

Getting attack by 2+ player in pvp = certain death.

Unless you watch your Resolve bar and know exactly when to break cc and run like hell.

In OP's post it sounds like a SI cast whirlwind, which is a 8 second incapacitate that will break on damage and put Resolve bar to about 1/2.

Than another SI cast Electrocute, which is a 4 second stun and Resolve bar is now full which make you immune to all cc for a short period of time.

And for some reason OP did not use cc break at the moment Resolve bar goes full and got focus fired by 2 player then die in less than 4 seconds.

To die that fast means OP didn't have full HP bar at the beginning of the fight.

Quit common for JC/SW, they always charge regardless how mach hp they have left.

Edited by Felene

No stun that remains while damage is occurring should last the length of time it takes to kill a player. That's the problem and why there are so many complaints about all the CC in the game. I see nothing spicey or fun about player vs player when there was no fight in the first place.

"Stuns" typically do not break with damage. Your description of the effect sounds closer to the full Resolve bar stun effect than a CC effect from player abilities.

Ask someone to duel you and use CCs on you to fill your Resolve bar. That might recreate what you're seeing.

Edited by Garon

"Stuns" typically do not break with damage. Your description of the effect sounds closer to the full Resolve bar stun effect than a CC effect from player abilities.

Ask someone to duel you and use CCs on you to fill your Resolve bar. That might recreate what you're seeing.

I thought full resolve bar was supposed to help you resist stuns?