The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did the exile...

Lathari

More of my thoughts on this Topic.

Meetra was powerful , we can all say that.

Darth Revan hunted down Jedi to convert them or kill them . KotoR I said this . Heck even was said in KotoR II !

Why did he let Meetra walk ? Alek was his best friend , he took his jaw as a sick Joke for Malek attempting to challenge him...........

But let Meetra , a powerful Jedi walk ? When he was having assassins and he himself was killing Jedi that refused to covert ? Darth Revan had all intentions of ending the Jedi , what did it matter if Meetra wanted to go in front of the Jedi and explain herself ? Seems rather pointless in the long run , after all if Darth Revan had it his way , the Jedi would be no more and he would have had to kill Meetra who would have refused to convert anyways .

JUST MAKES NO SENSE !

Actually I think he left her on PURPOSE. I think he meant to destroy the jedi and then prepare the galaxy for the coming of the Sith Empire we deal with in this game. BUT I think he let her go, because of 2 reasons.

1. She had lost her connection to the force, she was a non-entity after Malachor V

2. I think Revan meant to tear down the order to REBUILD it into something stronger. Something Meetra actually did after the events of KOTOR II. She was his insurance policy, though I don't think Meetra knew that. Revan had plans within plans. Though I could be giving him too much credit here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will forever remain a mystery, but I feel that given that throughout KOTOR II Kreia hides many truths from the Exile, this would just be adding on to the list.

We should note thought that Kreia is perfectly capable of handling a lightsaber, though I must admit she does not seem the type to go rushing off into war.

Most people who rush off to war and survive have no rush to do so again.

In a war the young and delusional die purely for the sake of the ego of the old and cynical. People either realize their own stupidity or wrap themselves inside a bubble of denial and justifications. Every single war in the history of humanity has been fought either to sate the ego of old men on a powertrip or purely due to insanity and veterans realize this or their minds refuse to accept it.

Ideology, beliefs or nationalism is simply a tool to spun the ignorant into doing the dying for those in power. Kreia knows this and that's why killing someone is foolish if you can make them see YOUR truth.

E: Sorry for going OT a bit here but I think it's important to the character and reasoning of Kreia, who *I* think is the best SW character ever.

Edited by Jandi

Most people who rush off to war and survive have no rush to do so again.

In a war the young and delusional die purely for the sake of the ego of the old and cynical. People either realize their own stupidity or wrap themselves inside a bubble of denial and justifications. Every single war in the history of humanity has been fought either to sate the ego of old men on a powertrip or purely due to insanity and veterans realize this or their minds refuse to accept it.

Ideology, beliefs or nationalism is simply a tool to spun the ignorant into doing the dying for those in power. Kreia knows this and that's why killing someone is foolish if you can make them see YOUR truth.

E: Sorry for going OT a bit here but I think it's important to the character and reasoning of Kreia, who *I* think is the best SW character ever.

I completely agree, which leads me to speculate whether Kreia was once 'young and delusional' and perhaps learnt something from the Mandalorian Wars. I can't help but shrug the feeling that she is a woman who has had experiences, not just another historian whose learnt about the galaxy from books.

And Kreia is the best SW character ever, its not a matter of opinion. :jawa_wink:

I completely agree, which leads me to speculate whether Kreia was once 'young and delusional' and perhaps learnt something from the Mandalorian Wars. I can't help but shrug the feeling that she is a woman who has had experiences, not just another historian whose learnt about the galaxy from books.

And Kreia is the best SW character ever, its not a matter of opinion. :jawa_wink:

I don't know about BEST SW character, but I'd call her the most enigmatic character of SW by leaps and bounds.