The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please don't close the Asia-Pacific servers!

Asari-tears

I've been a fan of this for just over a year now, subscribing for probably 5 of those months, I'm really getting into it despite the whole "cartel-market" thing making me want to push away. I've recently heard that EA are moving us all over to US servers and closing the Asia ones, please don't! I probably wont play this game anymore if you do.

However, can anyone give me any positives about this change for us players in Australia? Besides the increased population?

yesterday ]i switched to bastion and got about 280 ms now..but it is not that bad....at least now iam able to play fp's ....on Master Dar'Nala there were only a few people online..that sucked...i think its better this way!:)

I've just moved over to the Ebon Hawk, and so far my experience has been a good one. On Makeb right now, and haven't had a population issue. I guess it helps that I'm on the other side of the world from most other EH players so I don't feel overwhelmed at all.

I'm a US guy been on the Harbinger since I started playing.

I like that they are closing the AP servers because my server population has actually gone up quite a bit. Makes finding groups for FP and OPS much easier. I've also joined an Aussie based guild and they all seem to be ok with the server lag. Most of them report around 180.

The only place they have said that it is a huge disadvantage is in PvP so if that's your forte I can understand your concerns however for most other things the lag is negligible.

Hope to see all of you AP guys real soon :)