An Assassin tank has a stonger hitting ability over my DPS PT does.

Individual

Their mauls hit harder than my rail shots now. Pretty neat Bioware. Thanks for nerfing PTs into the ground. We're suppose to be melee, yet we hardly have any burst. How are we suppose to compete with all the other burst melee? Edited by Individual

I've seen PT's hit 8k railshots, I haven't seen any Assassin tank hit over 8k with maul. And my Assassin tank is all 69s ;\

Though, I will agree that PT/VG need a buff.

I haven't played my PT in so long, but I made a thread on how I think they can be improved by buffing Incendiary Round. As it stands it's a pretty crap talent.

check my thread out if you want.

Edited by Jayshames

I've seen PT's hit 8k railshots, I haven't seen any Assassin tank hit over 8k with maul. And my Assassin tank is all 69s ;\

Though, I will agree that PT/VG need a buff.

I can't hit 8k unless I have a power buff, and most of my hits are between 5-6k. I'll say though, I don't have full PVP gear yet though. I doubt it's going to go up much higher. I get hit my sin tanks a lot for over 6k. It's pretty stupid. A tank shouldn't be able to hit that hard.

Their mauls hit harder than my rail shots now. Pretty neat Bioware. Thanks for nerfing PTs into the ground. We're suppose to be melee, yet we hardly have any burst. How are we suppose to compete with all the other burst melee?

Maul has always hit harder than railshot. They are poor abilities to compare though. Rail shot has always been one of the 'lowest' high hitting abilities. It's lower because it's consistent, has insane armor penetration tacked on, resets a dot, and is relatively restriction free. Also see: different classes are different and single abilities can't be compared in a vacuum.

Every time a powertech looks at their Railshot damage, they just ignore that it also lands CGC, and an instant tick of CGC.

Also, there was a Powertech on these forums that ran all crit augments, and was complaining that Smash did more damage than his Railshots, while he refused to stack any power.

Oh also, unless a tank takes the duplicity proc they will not get anywhere near a railshot. If it's an actual tank rather than a dps tank maul will never out damage rail shot. Even assuming a min/maxed dps in tank stance it's still very close. Railshot tops out at 7k. Tank stance maul tops out at 7.5 on a light armor target assuming they aren't really a tank.

Every time a powertech looks at their Railshot damage, they just ignore that it also lands CGC, and an instant tick of CGC.

Also, there was a Powertech on these forums that ran all crit augments, and was complaining that Smash did more damage than his Railshots, while he refused to stack any power.

My point was more or less was to say that tanks shouldn't be hitting that hard... Period.

I've seen PT's hit 8k railshots, I haven't seen any Assassin tank hit over 8k with maul.

I guess that we are talking about PvP here. If is so, the only way I can imagine railshot doing 8K damage is a PT with 2018 expertise, all power rating without critical rating, all the surge possible, power buff from relic and attacking a sage/sorc in full recruit gear.

Their mauls hit harder than my rail shots now. Pretty neat Bioware. Thanks for nerfing PTs into the ground. We're suppose to be melee, yet we hardly have any burst. How are we suppose to compete with all the other burst melee?

PTs in general lost spike damage. Now we have to outsmart our opponents to stay doing damage before they can use their spike damage attacks on us again. From what I saw, assassins in general needs to weaken you (negate to see them, CC, limit movement) so you can not use your full damage potential on them. If you break their mechanics they will run or die.

If you are looking for advice, right now experience is king for playing a PT in WZ. You need to be clear about what are the best possible options of your targets and play one step ahead. You can ask friends or ask in the PT forum for tips too.