The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Walker Analysis: All Terrain Experimental Transport

Well I seem to be just cranking these things along it seems hm...but anyway, another one only this time were gonna be taking a gander at the All Terrain Experimental Transport so lets begin!

======

"We need those walkers for our assault!"

―Obi-Wan Kenobi

The All Terrain Experimental Transport or AT-XT for short, was an armored assault walker used by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars being a predecessor to both the AT-RT and AT-ST. The AT-XTs played an important role in the Dark Reaper's destruction, and while it proved highly successful it was never mass produced as the designers were constantly trying to improve the design and combat capabilities. Even though it didn't see much combat unlike the AT-TE or AT-RT, it was valuable for Imperial designers as inspiration for the AT-ST.

Even during the GCW due to the fact that the AT-STs weren't as good as front-line vehicles unlike the AT-XT, the latter was still used in some engagements. Even some Rebellion forces got ahold of some AT-XTs.

=======

Armament

Double laser cannon= 1

Twin proton motor launchers= 2, with 18 proton grenades

Specs

Max Speed= 25-75 km/h

Shielding= Plasma Deflector Shield

Crew= 1 pilot

Cargo Capacity= 12 kg

Consumables= 2 days

Roles

Heavy Cavalry

Self-propelled artillery

Pictures

Simple View

In deployment

======

Thoughts: This walker is interesting in its design, for the fact it has a plasma shield and was still used even after the AT-ST replaced it in the GCW and I can't help but wonder where the design would have gone seeing as the designers just kept trying to improve it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Great Analysis.

I really like the design of the walker. It looks more suited for war then the AT-ST which IMO was more suited for patrolling and crowd control.

It's a shame that this walker never appeared in "The Clone Wars". It would have been nice to see them back up the AT-RTs in battle. Especially on Umbara. I could imagine those Umbaran fighters not being that much of a problem if you had a walker like this returning fire. Plus the mortars would come in handy when shelling the enemy during their frequent ambushes. Also with their shielding they might have stood a better chance against those hover tanks than the AT-RTs.

Edited by CassusVerda

Yeap interesting design. But one thing i was glad about was the fact they had the Juggernaut 8 wheeled terrain vehicle make an apperance in EPIII. See it at the space port and again on Kaasshykk.

Just cranking them out wolf. good work.