Contraband packs, help.

Vandrain

Im thinking of buying one of these for my lvl 36 sniper.. Which one should I go for? What's the biggest difference between them?

Thanks.

Well, I was doing some heavy reading this morning, making sure to survey the correct intimate details of the packs and after thorough research I came to the conclusion one has another rare item and costs more money.

Please let me know if this information is wrong so I can get my team back to working on it.

Im thinking of buying one of these for my lvl 36 sniper.. Which one should I go for? What's the biggest difference between them?

Thanks.

All will give you mainly useless junk and very common pack drops. If you buy a pack, just sell it on the GTN and use those creds to buy what you want.

asking this question on the forums was a bad idea. you should have asked this question on reddit.

everybody posting in these forums absolutely positively most undoubtedly HATES, HATES, HATES swtor and everything its about. the 1% is actually the people who enjoy the game posting in here.

now with that said.

its a good idea to check the collections area in the Cartel market see what items are part of what lock box and then if you like what you see in that lock box go ahead and buy a couple. since your a sub 600 coins will get you two lock boxes a month. or you can just buy them off the GTN.

good luck!

asking this question on the forums was a bad idea. you should have asked this question on reddit.

everybody posting in these forums absolutely positively most undoubtedly HATES, HATES, HATES swtor and everything its about. the 1% is actually the people who enjoy the game posting in here.

now with that said.

its a good idea to check the collections area in the Cartel market see what items are part of what lock box and then if you like what you see in that lock box go ahead and buy a couple. since your a sub 600 coins will get you two lock boxes a month. or you can just buy them off the GTN.

good luck!

Thanks for the info and thy kind manners good sir!

If you want specific items or specific types of items definitely just buy them on the GTN if you can.

If you are fine with a surprise roll box/grab bag sort of thing with probably mostly mediocre random items but the chance to get something really valuable then go ahead and go for one of the boxes.

As someone else mentioned, the new collections system will show you what items you have the chance to obtain from what packs.

Thanks.

One pack is VERY unlikely to contain the lucky random item you crave.

The GTN on the other hand is likely to have a truckload, and for reasonable price in credits.

What exactly is it you want in the pack?

I personally would not suggest using the Cartel Market for getting Items for you Characters. The majority of the Cartel Market is way over priced even when they put things on sale. I would suggest just using it for some Account Wide Unlocks and Character Perks at most. Like the account wide Cargo Bay Unlock and XP Bonuses in the Character Perks. Most everything else is just going to be a waste. Especially those Packs. You can get most of the items you may need or are looking for off the GTN.

If you get the bare minimum of Cartel Coins for your Subscription Fee then you can gradually get a few perks each month or eventually save up a few months and get a Cargo Bay Unlock every once and a while. The Cargo Bay Unlocks are decent because if you get the Account Wide ones they will be there for all your current Characters and any Future Characters you make on your Account. If you add up all the Credits it takes to purchase the Cargo Bay slots in the game it adds up when you have Multiple Characters. The Cargo Bays and XP Perks are all I practically used my Cartel Coins that I have purchase through my Subscription for. I personally will not purchase anything else until they drastically lower the cost so that it does not cost me an arm and a leg. I just do not think that the game is currently worth more than the $15 a month Subscription Fee that we are able to pay for already. :rolleyes: