Leveling Sage..

ImecOlom

Hey all, need a bit of help. I have just been pvping for couple of days and not leveled once. I am lvl 25 and since leveling 2 characters to 50, the sage seems so much slower for some reason. I will try pve today and get back on my class quest, using a major exp boost, but anyone have any other advice for faster leveling? I may join a guild for the added 5% boost, but I am a sub and missing the double exp weekends lol!

Just doing PvP is a very slow way to level. Leveling my Sage was probably my fastest character to level with. FiB is a great ability to level with so I would go with Balance. Use your DPS companions and be sure if they get low on life instead of meditating just dismiss and recall them. I think the TK tree is just as viable but with the instant cast of FiB I always preferred that for faster killing.

Thanks for the advice. Yea, even in pvp I see that FiB is probably the best way to go. I didn't realize the same level skill for TK (T Wave?) had almost a 3sec cast time. Ok, will try what you said and probably join a guild for the added exp.

The TK tree doesn't really work too well until you are around 50. You really want Turbulence so that you can do weaken mind --> turbulence for auot-crits. That's the bread and butter of a TK sage.

My favorite sage leveling build is a mix of balance and TK. I would put points into balance until you get the instant mind crush, then go the rest TK. It's really nice to get the instant telekinetic wave triggered by disturbance (tidal force), plus the various skill points that make it so that force regen is really not an issue. I don't even bother with the points that give you more force points. This build actually makes a decent pvp build, also.

I read somewhere that the highest theoretical dps build is full balance. However, it is heavily DoT based and therefore can be not so great for pvp. In pvp, I think full TK is best (only when you have turbulence) because of the awesome burst: force speed (to keep them in range), weaken mind, turbulence, telekinetic wave (if tidal force), telekinetic throw (if psychic projection), disturbance, and project to finish them off. It's awesome to watch your target panic after the turbulence + weaken mind combo - sometimes those two can do around 12-15K. :D If you have a pair of TK sages focus on an enemy healer, if you combine your interrupt abilities, the healer will die fast.

Edited by teclado

Hey all, need a bit of help. I have just been pvping for couple of days and not leveled once. I am lvl 25 and since leveling 2 characters to 50, the sage seems so much slower for some reason. I will try pve today and get back on my class quest, using a major exp boost, but anyone have any other advice for faster leveling? I may join a guild for the added 5% boost, but I am a sub and missing the double exp weekends lol!

My sage seems to level quickly. I generally do 100% of planet missions, excluding heroics, and by the time I got to Taris I was 5 levels above the missions. I had to skip a few to keep from out levelling the class missions. Although I always have an xp boost active. It's nice though because it gives me the freedom to skip missions that I really don't care for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.