Which side has better PVE/PVP experience

Kira_Sidian

I am looking to start a few pub characters, kind of burnt out on the sith side but I came across a guy that said the pub side had horrible PVE people, which striked me as a bit odd, how much merit is there to this persons claim? Also on another note which is needed more for pvp/pve Healer or Tanks (lets go ahead and say for both pub and imp side)? Thanks for the time folks have a good one:rak_03: Edited by Kira_Sidian

Empire has definitly more hardcore active pve guilds (e.g. girth, suckafish); republic has hakuna rakata (lol); so for pve you should definitly go imp side.

Reg WzS are an atrocious experience on both sides because 98% of all Players are keyboard-turning backpeddlers that click, don't use Chat and are overly upset when you tell them how bad they are; or think they are the **** because they broke 300k in a full voidstar once (e.g. tilaferos).

Empire has definitly more hardcore active pve guilds (e.g. girth, suckafish); republic has hakuna rakata (lol); so for pve you should definitly go imp side.

Reg WzS are an atrocious experience on both sides because 98% of all Players are keyboard-turning backpeddlers that click, don't use Chat and are overly upset when you tell them how bad they are; or think they are the **** because they broke 300k in a full voidstar once (e.g. tilaferos).

I love how you think Hakuna Rakata is the only PVE raiding guild on the pub side. Maybe the biggest, but certainly not the only. Yes, there are more on the Imp side, but there are still a few good ones on the pub side.

To the OP, there are a couple of threads in the here that specifically answer your questions;

this one http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=633048 talks about the size of the guilds and when they raid, this one http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598565 tells you who has cleared what.

Alrighty, question now for healers and tanks. What healer would be better for pve and pvp scoundral or a sage healer?

Lets also discuss tanks, Vanguard or Guardian?

I need a bit more background info here. I get the impression that you feel that you are a skilled player, since you seem interested only in raiding with the best, but you don't seem to know what class you want to play. I would think you could just use the imp mirror classes to figure out what role you want to play, couldn't you?

true story. it's painful to watch.

Rateds, on the other hand, are top notch.

I used to pvp a lot on my BH Merc, when it comes to pve I have a good amount of background from FF11 were I played a PLD/WAR or PLD/BLU depending on the encounter. In WoW I played a disc priest and a Prot Paladin in WotLK-MoP. I don't want to play with the best of the best I am by no means an elitist, but on that same token I can't stand people that are complete idiots and won't let you help them be better, I more was just wondering if the pub side was really as bad as that guy made it sound like and it seems to not be the case, also keep in mind I haven't played since 1.3 had just just launched, so i don't really know the state of the classes atm, I have done a bit of research bu its always better to hear from asking direct questions IMO. All i know was when I left Jugg/Guard were great boss tanks but took a good amount of skill to play but they dominated pvp after the force push/leap reset thing which I enjoyed a lot. Merc/Vanguard healers were pretty much a laughing stock due to the way the gelded them, still usable bu an Op could do it better and be more mobile. This of course am talking from a pure PVP aspect, mercs from what I heard were still golden in PVE. I also never touched the earlier PVE stuff in SWTOR due to life stuff, so I only got into pvp. Is that enough background for you? :) I am really wanting to play the sage but if they get shut down in pvp hard I might go with the scoundral. Edited by Kira_Sidian

I used to pvp a lot on my BH Merc, when it comes to pve I have a good amount of background from FF11 were I played a PLD/WAR or PLD/BLU depending on the encounter. In WoW I played a disc priest and a Prot Paladin in WotLK-MoP. I don't want to play with the best of the best I am by no means an elitist, but on that same token I can't stand people that are complete idiots and won't let you help them be better, I more was just wondering if the pub side was really as bad as that guy made it sound like and it seems to not be the case, also keep in mind I haven't played since 1.3 had just just launched, so i don't really know the state of the classes atm, I have done a bit of research bu its always better to hear from asking direct questions IMO. All i know was when I left Jugg/Guard were great boss tanks but took a good amount of skill to play but they dominated pvp after the force push/leap reset thing which I enjoyed a lot. Merc/Vanguard healers were pretty much a laughing stock due to the way the gelded them, still usable bu an Op could do it better and be more mobile. This of course am talking from a pure PVP aspect, mercs from what I heard were still golden in PVE. I also never touched the earlier PVE stuff in SWTOR due to life stuff, so I only got into pvp. Is that enough background for you? :) I am really wanting to play the sage but if they get shut down in pvp hard I might go with the scoundral.

Better. Scoundrel is great for PVP. heals on the move + scamper make them very hard to kill. Sage is good too, but a lot more stationary. I'm much better with my sage, but I know plenty of very good scoundrels. Commando healers are still in tough, particularly in PVP. VG tanks have the best static DR, but not as many cooldowns. Very easy to play and be decent/good with. Guardian tanks do require some skill, though not as much as shadows. I believe both guardians and shadows have a higher ceiling when played with skill.

Edited by Jimvinny