Companion gear colors during cut scenes

Elisaveta

Not sure if this is a bug or just something weird with the system, but I don't understand why my companions armor defaults back it's original colors during cut scenes. I will use the option to unify colors in their character screen and my character as well. Life is good until I go to a cut scene and then the companions armor defaults back it's original shades and looks horribly mismatched. My character doesn't have this issue, the modified colors stay intact.

Seems strange and the armor looks so horribly mismatched it bugs me.

I also had my Companion's hide head slot fail. Way to ruin a good conversation, derpy helmet! >.< The color match probably failed too but I couldn't tell as he was wearing a mostly full set. I am guessing it happened because in the cutscene my Companion was dismissed -- one of those "you must do this alone" sort of deals that you have no choice about -- so he was just gone when the cutscene ended. And though he showed up again in the cutscene after the ensuing fight, he wasn't actually re-summoned then; I had to do it myself afterwards. So I guess that color match and hide head slot don't work right when Companions are not "summoned" and with us.

This seems to be mentioned in the "known issues" post:

The options to Unify Colors and Hide Head slot do not function for Companion Characters while on player starships.

Since they have recognized this, I hope they fix it soon! Especially since there are Companion conversations that you must do on your ship, not to mention a lot of story cutscenes. :(

Edited by Gwena

• 3 years later...
3 years later almost 4, they still have not fixed it.

Vector Hylus & Lord Scourge have been wearing bras & unitards for 5 years, sadly these all fall into Biowares "Couldnt care less" pile. :(

(They sure made it a priority to fix Ashara asap when she had body/clothing issues, but then again, shes a female npc, they had to make sure they could ogle her in a slave bikini... ):rolleyes:

Edited by XiamaraSimi