The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Modifying an Armor Piece

jedimasterjac

Let me start off by saying I am using the Eradicator's Armor, minus the facemask. I have a black/white dye in the chestpiece and, as most people do, merely unified the colours to match the chest piece. One issue that rose up, though, is that every time I modify any piece of my armor, it de-unifies every piece. While this is a minor issue, it's very annoying having to go unify my armour again after doing twenty quests and getting a ton of mods and stuff. Is there any way to not have it be de-unified, or a way to hotkey unify colours?

No.

That aside (trying not to be rude), but are you really complaining about having to click a button after everytime you modify a piece of armour? lol.

All you do is open your character sheet and hit unify colours, it takes like 3 seconds.

No.

That aside (trying not to be rude), but are you really complaining about having to click a button after everytime you modify a piece of armour? lol.

All you do is open your character sheet and hit unify colours, it takes like 3 seconds.

I'm not saying it's a huge issue. As a matter of fact, there's a lot bigger issues. It's just slightly annoying to me. And it's just me, I know, but I DESPISE doing the same thing over and over.

No.

No ???

It wasn't working like that before the dye system was introduced, there's no reason to change as it adds nothing for the players.

If you mod an item, either you don't care about the look and thus the new or old ways shouldn't be a concern to you, or you care somehow about your character's look and moding an item is an hint that you like the look so it shouldn't change of colors.

Edited by Turshek

No ???

It wasn't working like that before the dye system was introduced, there's no reason to change as it adds nothing for the players.

If you mod an item, either you don't care about the look and thus the new or old ways shouldn't be a concern to you, or you care somehow about your character's look and moding an item is an hint that you like the look so it shouldn't change of colors.

What? I don't understand what you're complaining about..

From what I've read;

You add a dye into an armour piece and unify colours, when you change a mod in one of the armour pieces, all the armour becomes un-unified. All you have to do is click unify colours again, is this what you are complaining about?

I'm not complaining, I add my voice to this undocumented change report which, considering my list below, seems to be a bug to me.

1. It wasn't working like that before 2.1. You could change mods without interference with unify options.

2. There's no reason why mods (armoring, mod, enhancement) which aren't displayed on your armor (they are invisible) should change appearance options.

3. If you don't use unify on all your items but only some because of the limitations of the dye system and the choice colors, you have to click on each newly modded piece that you want to unify with the chest item.

What? I don't understand what you're complaining about..

From what I've read;

You add a dye into an armour piece and unify colours, when you change a mod in one of the armour pieces, all the armour becomes un-unified. All you have to do is click unify colours again, is this what you are complaining about?

Not sure why you are discussing this, first it's not the proper place, it's a bug report thread. 2nd, the fact there's some workarounds doesn't change whether it's a bug or not. 3rd your opinion on whether it's a valid "complain" or not doesn't matter either, only people from BW may know if it's a bug or an intended change.

I'm not complaining, I add my voice to this undocumented change report which, considering my list below, seems to be a bug to me.

1. It wasn't working like that before 2.1. You could change mods without interference with unify options.

2. There's no reason why mods (armoring, mod, enhancement) which aren't displayed on your armor (they are invisible) should change appearance options.

3. If you don't use unify on all your items but only some because of the limitations of the dye system and the choice colors, you have to click on each newly modded piece that you want to unify with the chest item.

Not sure why you are discussing this, first it's not the proper place, it's a bug report thread. 2nd, the fact there's some workarounds doesn't change whether it's a bug or not. 3rd your opinion on whether it's a valid "complain" or not doesn't matter either, only people from BW may know if it's a bug or an intended change.

What? I was asking a question and you reply causing me more confusion..

Plus, my opinion kind of is valid when it's a matter of someone complaining about something that takes about 3 seconds to fix, and not only that.. has to be done not very often.

I have 2 accounts full of 12 chars each on the 1 server, I swap toons a lot and I re-gear a lot, It's never even occured to me once that this was a problem.

Oh, and this is the suggestion forums, not report a bug. Therefor I am allowed to comment as I please.

What? I was asking a question and you reply causing me more confusion..

Plus, my opinion kind of is valid when it's a matter of someone complaining about something that takes about 3 seconds to fix, and not only that.. has to be done not very often.

I have 2 accounts full of 12 chars each on the 1 server, I swap toons a lot and I re-gear a lot, It's never even occured to me once that this was a problem.

Oh, and this is the suggestion forums, not report a bug. Therefor I am allowed to comment as I please.

Maybe you should check again, it's the Bug Reports forum, at least for me, since I started writing in this thread (English>General Discussion>Bug Reports).

So it's not a complain, it's a bug report about something that changed in 2.1 and isn't working the same anymore.

I could also tell you I have 2 accounts too, one with 12 characters and the other with 18, how I play a lot, change gear often, etc...

But the fact is something that isn't appearance related (swapping mods) changes your look and it wasn't working like that before which seems to indicate a bug.

As for my answer causing confusion, sorry, doing my best with my limited english skills, even though my answer seemed to make sense, at least to me.

Edited by Turshek

Maybe you should check again, it's the Bug Reports forum, at least for me, since I started writing in this thread (English>General Discussion>Bug Reports).

So it's not a complain, it's a bug report about something that changed in 2.1 and isn't working the same anymore.

I could also tell you I have 2 accounts too, one with 12 characters and the other with 18, how I play a lot, change gear often, etc...

But the fact is something that isn't appearance related (swapping mods) changes your look and it wasn't working like that before which seems to indicate a bug.

As for my answer causing confusion, sorry, doing my best with my limited english skills, even though my answer seemed to make sense, at least to me.

Ah, I feel silly for the mistake on the bug report. I was browsing the suggestions forums and I guess I ventured into the bug reports when this thread was created. Still, I am pretty confused as to what this is all about so i'll just leave it at that.