The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not the one stomping my feet here. Im playing within the mechanics of the game. Im voicing my opinion that I like it that way. Until you can come to terms that some people don't agree with you then you shouldn't post.

Last time I checked, you started a topic and I shared my opinion on it. If you don't like that people have differing opinions then stay off the forums. I will voice my opinion however I want to.

So now he doesn't want me to post, and only he can share his views.

Another example for the court- Enforcing his own beliefs on others.

Amazing, he doesn't want people disagreeing with him, he even admits it. :rolleyes:

We aren't. Bioware is and its their game to do so. They are telling you that the choice you make is permanent. I am telling you that the choice you make is permanent and I like it that way. If you don't like it, I don't care.

Talk about tantrum.

Someone needs a time-out.

You are asking to be able to undo a decision that each and every player is advised at least 4 times is PERMANENT and even has to click the confirm button at least twice to confirm that they know it is PERMANENT and that they are sure they want to make that PERMANENT choice.

Do you have anything to fall back on other than that? The "devs" made it permanent, it currently is permanent, the "devs" can make it changeable if they want.

I guess we're at an impasse, and so maybe it should be left as is, as BW designed and implemented it.

So no changes should ever have been made to the game? And no other changes should ever be made? Got it. No more changes. Just bug fixes. I hope you don't use Sprint until your characters are level 10 or 15 or whatever it was originally. Otherwise, you know, you might look like a hypocrite. And of course no taking a taxi speeder directly from DK spaceport to the central city taxi.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Actually they said they will highly likely add it in the near future.

It's a matter of the Anti-AC change crowd to stop acting childish and actually talk about terms. Which they have yet to do.

Nice job showing bias though.

The latest quote was 'likely happen". There was NO "very" or "highly" attached to that "likely", but go ahead and continue to misrepresent the devs' statements.

I also like how you conveniently ignore the fact that there has been NOTHING further from the devs, not even a whisper of a hint, about changing classes since that statement.

He just openly admitted that you get the same skills at level 10 and level 55. There is no difference according to him.

Wow....Just wow.

You are clearly just trolling at this point. Good job and giving me a laugh.

Come back when you actually decide to come up that makes sense within the game. Gee, what's he going to say next "Lightsabers are real...". :rolleyes:

Actually no.. That is not what I admitted.. I said nothing about having the same skills.. I said the play style was the same.. A sentinel plays like a sentinel at pretty much any level.. The skills he gets do not change his play style..

Please have your reading skills reviewed.. I am getting tired of you misrepresenting what I have said..

As for trolling?? Been to the local mirror lately?? :rolleyes:

One small fact, if an AC change were put in the game.

But they are not in the game are they.. That is the fact you ignore.. There is no 'if'.. You are asking for a change to the current rules of the game.. That is you imposing your play style on others..

I can't say it any simpler than that.. :)

As for proving you wrong?? There is no need.. You do that yourself every time you post and misrepresent what someone says.. If you can't respond to what someone says accurately then you are always wrong..

Edited by MajikMyst

Actually they said they will highly likely add it in the near future.

It's a matter of the Anti-AC change crowd to stop acting childish and actually talk about terms. Which they have yet to do.

Nice job showing bias though.

Many of those opposed to class changes, including myself, have offered suggested compromises. They just don't mesh with what you want, so you declare them invalid and unreasonable.

I, for one, find your suggestions to be unreasonable. I may be wrong, but I suspect that many of those opposed to class changes would agree with me on that point.

I guess we'll just never be able to come to an agreement, so maybe things will remain as they were designed and implemented by the devs.

You already have that choice when you create the character.

And we are back to people who are new to MMO's not being considered at all by you. God forbid those new players, try to get into a game.

I love how this cycle goes, once I prove you wrong in one thing, then you move on to the next subject that I can prove you wrong again.

I think the pattern goes for you: Ignoring new MMO players--> Comparing this game to other MMO's and making that the standard-->saying level 10 shows you all the abilities you need just as you would at level 55--->Hrmm, you can fill in the last one for me.

:rolleyes:

The person who has only leveled a sorcerer to level 45 put in effort to get a sorcerer to level 45. He did NOT put any effort into getting an assassin to level 45.

He did put in effort.

Therefore you are willing to throw away someones effort because of your own beliefs? Seems rather selfish. ;)

You are asking to be able to undo a decision that each and every player is advised at least 4 times is PERMANENT and even has to click the confirm button at least twice to confirm that they know it is PERMANENT and that they are sure they want to make that PERMANENT choice.

This is something many players do NOT want to see added.

I guess we're at an impasse, and so maybe it should be left as is, as BW designed and implemented it.

The thing is, Bioware stated they will likely put this in the game. Which is why I encouraged the Anti-AC change side to stop with the insults and start talking about terms.

You know, terms that are reasonable. That's why my terms are fine, since they provide the CC option, which bioware loves to do and limits the amount of times someone can change their AC. So that whole "OMG FOTM!" thing is pretty much shut down with my terms.

If you want to leave it at- "I disagree with an AC change." that's fine. I already said I'm willing to accept that.

The latest quote was 'likely happen". There was NO "very" or "highly" attached to that "likely", but go ahead and continue to misrepresent the devs' statements.

I also like how you conveniently ignore the fact that there has been NOTHING further from the devs, not even a whisper of a hint, about changing classes since that statement.

"likely happen"- Still proves me right. Oh damn that backfired on you didn't it?

Yes of course, we should receive daily updates on anything we ask for in the forums. Because we all know that they answer every post that is made. :rolleyes:

This is all you have to fall back on?

Actually no.. That is not what I admitted.. I said nothing about having the same skills.

The way the AC plays at level 10 is going to be the same at level 55..

Direct quote from you bud. Thanks for doing the work for me.

You have been debunked. ;)

This MMO operates no different then any other MMO. You pick your class and play it. If you don't like it then you reroll. It is you that needs to do research. If you had done so then you wouldn't need to change your AC.

Thank you for acknowledging this. You just made the argument for not allowing class changes.

Those are YOUR words bolded in the quote, not someone else's, just in case you decide to backpedal.

But "likely" does not equal "very likely" or even "highly likely" as another poster wants us to believe when he misrepresents what the devs ACTUALLY said.

I'll buy that. Although per Mirriam-Webster, "likely" means "highly probable." Of course none of us knows what BWEA has in mind, regardless of what they said a while back or of what Mirriam-Webster says "likely" means.

They also have a choice to either delete the character they don't like and make a new one.. Or just make a new one and go from there.. People do have a choice..

As usual, you miss the point. Nothing new there and it's to be expected.

Yea people have a choice, usually that choice is determined at around level 45. You know, when you start getting talents that matter? Oh but you would know that, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Then they find out healing isn't for them on their sorc. Then they don't care for their style of ranged DPS. You do know there are different styles of ranged DPS? Don't you? :rolleyes:

Oh, but you want them to delete all that effort because they didn't "earn" those levels. Nope, they just came out of thin air, it's like magic!

Take a grasp on reality bud, you really need it.

You have been debunked.

He did put in effort.

Therefore you are willing to throw away someones effort because of your own beliefs? Seems rather selfish. ;)

He put effort into leveling the sorcerer to level 45. Since I'm not advocating arbitrarily deleting that sorcerer, I'm not throwing away someone's effort. What he did NOT do was to put any effort into leveling an assassin. I am opposed to giving that player a level 45 assassin when he did NOT put ANY effort into leveling an assassin.

Effort put forth into task A deserves the rewards from task A but it does not warrant the rewards from task B into which NO effort was invested.

Thank you for acknowledging this. You just made the argument for not allowing class changes.

Those are YOUR words bolded in the quote, not someone else's, just in case you decide to backpedal.

Thanks for point out that typo for me.

So now for the original quote- Since you like to put words in my mouth. I present to you the ultimate debunk.

You telling people that they are new to MMOs or new to this game is getting old. You are very childish with your comments and it appears that you are the new one here. This MMO operates no different then any other MMO. You pick your class and play it. If you don't like it then you reroll. It is you that needs to do research. If you had done so then you wouldn't need to change your AC.

Yup those were totally "MY" words. :rolleyes:

Thanks for proving the following:

1. You don't do your research.

2. You aren't actually reading what people type.

3. You make things up to try to defraud someone.

4. You still can't provide a point but instead resort to personal attacks.

You pretty much did wonders for me, I was hoping you would make a slip up like this. Thanks for handing me that. I'm gonna keep it safe to use later. :D

"likely happen"- Still proves me right. Oh damn that backfired on you didn't it?

Yes of course, we should receive daily updates on anything we ask for in the forums. Because we all know that they answer every post that is made. :rolleyes:

This is all you have to fall back on?

We have had multiple threads about this obviously very hot topic, including this almost 250 page thread. I would think if the devs had ANY intention of really considering allowing class changes there would be a gold post at least indicating that it was still being considered, or even "worked on". Wouldn't you?

I'm not saying that the devs absolutely do not have any intention of allowing class changes, but I do think that their TOTAL SILENCE on this hot topic says something.

He put effort into leveling the sorcerer to level 45. Since I'm not advocating arbitrarily deleting that sorcerer, I'm not throwing away someone's effort. What he did NOT do was to put any effort into leveling an assassin. I am opposed to giving that player a level 45 assassin when he did NOT put ANY effort into leveling an assassin.

Effort put forth into task A deserves the rewards from task A but it does not warrant the rewards from task B into which NO effort was invested.

I can actually see why you would say that. It's very reasonable to me. I don't agree with it, but the point is fair.

This is where we fall back to the whole - "Why does it matter what other players do?".

Now you are naturally going to respond- "because I don't want people who don't know there class around me.". That's fine, quite a few people don't enjoy dealing with new people.

The thing is, even with our current system, there are people who are new to there class due to trying out a different spec. You will get newbies in either situation, so I don't see how this would make it a big deal? If a sorc was DPS from 10-55 and then randomly changed to heals at 55. He's going to be bad at his class, even though he put in all the effort.