Thinking about Moving to this server From Jung Ma

AlexThomasG

As most of us know, the ability to transfer (at least one and hopefully your entire legacy) to another server is on the horizon.

Right now I am stuck on Jung Ma and really not digging it. Yes there are some legit mature players due to the server being RP but the wait times for flashpoints and warzones is just insane. From 9pm on you basically wait like 20 minutes between pvp matches and hours for a flashpoint.

I just hit 50 with my Sith Assassin (deception skill tree) last night and am looking to join a guild that is mainly focused on the endgame PVE content but one that also at least does a little PVP. I have seen a lot of talk about moving to one of the bigger PVP servers for better ranked warzone matches but I am thinking I would be better off on a bigger PVE server.

Are there a good amount of people that raid and do the operations here? What about PVP? Guilds that are recruiting?

Before i wrote this post i read for an hour through these forums but since there are so many varying facts on here i thought a post of my own would be a good idea.

I'm not up to date on our progression, but if you check out the progression thread you'll get a good sense of those guilds that are active.

As for pvp, regular matches pop frequently. Ranked is a different story. Pre 2.0 it happened only once per week with only 2-3 teams. Post 2.0 has been hit or miss with most teams trying to coordinate at least one other to queue. Of course, come server transfer time, a significant amount of pvpers are leaving for the pvp servers and the promise of nightly ranked. A lot of the pvp guilds are in flux right now as well, so it's hard to say.

If you're into RP, check out begerencolony.org.

Hope this helps and happy hunting!

Herro! :) I moved over from Jung Ma last summer after the mergers and never looked back. This is a great community overall and I think our pvp scene will be a good fit for you. We have frequent pops but as Jaadis described, ranked isn't a totally happening thing. But if you kind of warzone on the side and more-so look to PVE and/or RP, we're perfect for ya!

I'm not up to date on our progression, but if you check out the progression thread you'll get a good sense of those guilds that are active.

As for pvp, regular matches pop frequently. Ranked is a different story. Pre 2.0 it happened only once per week with only 2-3 teams. Post 2.0 has been hit or miss with most teams trying to coordinate at least one other to queue. Of course, come server transfer time, a significant amount of pvpers are leaving for the pvp servers and the promise of nightly ranked. A lot of the pvp guilds are in flux right now as well, so it's hard to say.

If you're into RP, check out begerencolony.org.

Hope this helps and happy hunting!

The only PvP guild that has confirmed moving is yours. That is hardly a significant portion of our pvpers. We still have ASB, Company, Order El, Order 66, DoA, DJO, Infamous, Grim D, and Notorious to name a few. While these guilds might not all be pure PvP they are always queuing in the regs and have a lot of skilled players.

Our guild's tiny, which is probably why it can move, and we made the decision when we were even smaller -- most people now in the guild joined with the understanding that we would switch servers when transfers hit. Bigger and more established guilds don't have that flexibility.

But I think the numbers of people switching are larger than you realize. Many players have said they are planning to move on their own (probably facilitated by upheavals in PVP guild membership recently). Mostly to the Bastion, but some to Pot5 and other servers. I'd guess 10-15% of the hardcore PVPers will switch in the first couple weeks. Normal warzones won't take much of a hit, but the ranked scene will take a little while to settle.

AlexThomasG, the PVE scene is pretty healthy. Tanks usually get instapops for Flashpoints; healers 5-10 minutes, and DPS.... a while. (I normally try to queue for flashpoints with a tank :D). There are a pretty good number of guilds and players doing operations. I think there's more raiding guilds and raiding groups Pubside ... but I'm an Imp, so what do I know? :p

Edited by stringcat

The only PvP guild that has confirmed moving is yours. That is hardly a significant portion of our pvpers. We still have ASB, Company, Order El, Order 66, DoA, DJO, Infamous, Grim D, and Notorious to name a few. While these guilds might not all be pure PvP they are always queuing in the regs and have a lot of skilled players.

Add Soverëign to that list bub. :jawa_redface:

But I think the numbers of people switching are larger than you realize. Many players have said they are planning to move on their own (probably facilitated by upheavals in PVP guild membership recently). Mostly to the Bastion, but some to Pot5 and other servers. I'd guess 10-15% of the hardcore PVPers will switch in the first couple weeks. Normal warzones won't take much of a hit, but the ranked scene will take a little while to settle.

I think the word ''planning'' is important. Let's wait and see how Bioware will screw this up.

You still have ASB, infamous, and grim queueing for ranked. So how is it dying again, because a splinter group is running off?

a small one at that, but then again they aren't your average pvpers, you got to count each of them at least 3x. :eek: