Watchman PVE spec

2200 isn't bad depending on your gear, you'd have to tell us what your stats are though to say one way or the other on that. Your rotation (well with watchmen it's not so much a rotation as it is ability priorities) could also be a factor limiting your dps.

You did ask specifically about talent spec. This is what I run: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrRrfsMzZhGZM.3 You can swap out a point from Dual Wield mastery and put it into insight if you want. Also you can swap out the points in Improved force fade for Zealous Ward. Personally I like the improved force fade because it works kind of as a sprint which is nice because in Scum and Villainy there is a lot of running around.

Hum you'll see a lot in the way of dps improvement if you get your self a 30 hilt for your main hand. 30 Hilt can be crafted if you have some that can make it on your server. Other then that your gear looks good enough that you should probably be pulling more dps then you are (though your accuracy is a bit low). I would parse again after you get a better hilt and with your new spec and see were you are at then.

• 2 months later...
yea i got more better gear and 31hilt but i still cant get my DPS abouve 2.2ish so i dont know what im doing wrong

In my quest for the mother of all parses, I am hitting over 3050 with my sentinel on the dummy, I found that there isn't a right way of doing things. I spoke with many sentinels, they told me their priority list and I tried them. Truth of the matter, watchman is a dynamic spec which requires you to be smart, especially on cauterize clipping. I will start with the basics and maybe you can go from there.

1. Valourous call + zen or inspiration

2. Leap

3. Overload

4. Zealous

5. Cauterize

6. Merciless slash to reset cauterize

7. Master-strike

8. Cauterize if reset (already 3 GCDs have passed so you can apply cauterize without clipping it).

That is your basic opener. Feel free to use the adrenals before stacking 6 juyo or after. See what works for you, the math suggests that 6 stacks of Juyo give roughly a 10% increase in damage. Now after you open you will need to keep the dots up and never lose any of them and also make sure the 4 stacks of merciless are always there. Watchman dummy parses are very dependent on luck, resets, crits and , of course, misses. I do believe it is a matter of practice and gear in your case.

I had a look at your gear and you are far from optimal. Your accuracy rating should be 395 which gives you exactly 99.51 melee. Your augments are all overkill which is nice but math shows that Strength augments is the way to go post 2.0. Your surge is under the 71.08 value we use for BIS 72. Your relics are poor as well and until you get the underworld serendipitious you need to use the conqueror one. All these little things will add up and make your parses better. 2.2k with that gear is not bad so don't give up.

This is my sentinel's PVE gear.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Edited by Leafy_Bug