Vanguard DPS Viability?

Thepinheadz

Very much so.

You bring decent midfight burst and have sustained damage...Vanguards make for great DPS classes but just takle into account its pretty much a melee class with ranged side attacks.

If you want to be ranged I highly suggest Commando over the Vanguard.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to be ranged I highly suggest Commando over the Vanguard.

So...basically, if I picked Vanguard, and I'm using the Ion cell (ranged), that's a bad idea?

I suck horribly at MMO builds, and this question is very relavent to me. Any tips/hints you have for creating a good Vanguard build would be highly appreciated. I would kind of like to hybrid tank/dps, if that's even possible.

So...basically, if I picked Vanguard, and I'm using the Ion cell (ranged), that's a bad idea?

I suck horribly at MMO builds, and this question is very relavent to me. Any tips/hints you have for creating a good Vanguard build would be highly appreciated. I would kind of like to hybrid tank/dps, if that's even possible.

NO vanguard spec or stance is really ranged. You may have *some* skills available at the full 30m range, but in NO case you are able to get the most out of your character. I see plenty of tank vanguards (Ion cell is the tanking stance) that stay 20, 30m away from the boss, all the time. It doesn't work, if not in very specific, very limited moments.

That said, yes vanguard is decent dps (though it did somewhat suffer from the expansion) and the class is viable for any kind of content. Just DON'T stay at range. All the specs rely heavily on stockstrike, which is a 4m range attack.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.