Can we buy higher level gear from vendors again?

Nailkita

Didn't do an in depth search, so if this has been posted before I'm sorry, I didn't see any.

I'm getting really annoyed of the "you're reaching your planetary commendations limit" warnings, because I'm 36 and can't purchase the lvl 37/38 comms gear for when I'm out leveling because I'm not high enough... Even if they just allowed you to buy things that are 5-10 lvls above I would be happier, it's not like we can't purchase higher lvl stuff from GTN, or can't craft things of higher level.

This especially got obnoxious when I got the warning for Warzone Commendations when my Sorc was 54. Nope can't pre buy any of her pvp gear, that would be cheating.

I'm generally against comm caps, but:

I'm getting really annoyed of the "you're reaching your planetary commendations limit" warnings, because I'm 36 and can't purchase the lvl 37/38 comms gear for when I'm out leveling because I'm not high enough... Even if they just allowed you to buy things that are 5-10 lvls above I would be happier, it's not like we can't purchase higher lvl stuff from GTN, or can't craft things of higher level.

The planetary cap is 100 comms. I mean, I get everyone plays the game their own way, but...c'mon... spend some of them for your companion or a couple of mods/armorings/enhancements and you should be way below the cap.

This especially got obnoxious when I got the warning for Warzone Commendations when my Sorc was 54. Nope can't pre buy any of her pvp gear, that would be cheating.

If you're valor level 40, you can exchange them for Ranked WZ Comms.

If you're not buy, stims and medpacks. You are going to need them once you hit 55 anyway and it's better to not have to spend comms for stuff like that (medpacks, adrenals) when you're trying to buy your Partisan/Conqueror gear.

I've hit the cap enough times that it's annoying me, I do buy for my companions, I'm saying it would be advantageous for the ability to pre-buy gear while leveling. 1 GF run gets you I think around 5 from bosses (give or take) and then the daily gives you 5, then the weekly gives you 10, they also drop randomly on mobs, most of the time in quests it's either a com or a random green piece so I'll grab a comm if there's no upgrade so that I can buy future upgrades or mods, or artifact boxes.

Again I would just rather be able to spend them ahead of time so I don't have find the vendors when I'm in a leveling groove. I don't understand why we can no longer do this.

The warzone ones aren't as obnoxious, just sad that I have to wait for more pieces (I'm primarily pve, so I'm not exactly farming WZs), at least I'm never below 50 adrenals and 50 medpacs at any time.

Edited by Nailkita
confusing sentence structure

I'm generally against comm caps, but:

The planetary cap is 100 comms. I mean, I get everyone plays the game their own way, but...c'mon... spend some of them for your companion or a couple of mods/armorings/enhancements and you should be way below the cap.

My Assassin has almost 300 on account of all the various planetary comms being changed over. I have Cybertech so all I ever spent comms on were Enhancements. My gear is solid, I just don't have anything I need and can spend them on.

If you're valor level 40, you can exchange them for Ranked WZ Comms.

If you're not buy, stims and medpacks. You are going to need them once you hit 55 anyway and it's better to not have to spend comms for stuff like that (medpacks, adrenals) when you're trying to buy your Partisan/Conqueror gear.

Now that's a idea, I have done some PVP... don't know my Valor rank though.

I would agree with this. Many times I'm on a planet quest line, get pulled into a group finder flashpoint so I'm back on fleet. I would like to hit the vendors before heading back to planet..however I'm 1/4 level away and can not purchase crap..a bit frustrating..

I just don't understand the logic in this. If i can't use the item due to level restrictions, I should be able to place the item in cargo.

My work around has been to use my level 50's + to use their comms to purchase gear for my lowbies. If you do dailies, and such..you get tons of planet comms.