The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AP or Aim?

Herbzta

but guys what about my initial question :ph_lol:

For AP, I went with power over aim in the augments, because rail auto-crits and you need the extra overall damage.

For pyro, I went with AIM augments, and power/surge on the enhancements. Pyro really leans on one attack critting. Rail. With aim, I sit at around 26% tech crit without buffs?. Coordination adds another 5, the suit adds 15 for rail, and explosive fuel adds another 15. It's nice. 7k rails.

somehow i don't get high numbers with AP spec....but i don't really take time to get used to it..

do you use same cylinder as in pyro spec? no or?

if you play with the cylinder that can be skilled in the AP tree (i don't know the translation right now) then how do you get to rail?

you see i never played AP before :p

Most of AP 's damage is in the prototype flame thrower.

Hit explosive fuel, and train the three stack combo on a healer or a tightly packed group.

Problem is, even with the SLOW effect, good players just walk or leap right out of the PFT cone of effect, or they push you away and send you flying. Thus your highest damage ability does squat because it's a stupid slow channel skill, and you linger at the bottom of the damage pile.

Pyro doesn't have that problem, but playing a three to four button class is enough to put you to sleep.

Most of AP 's damage is in the prototype flame thrower.

Hit explosive fuel, and train the three stack combo on a healer or a tightly packed group.

Problem is, even with the SLOW effect, good players just walk or leap right out of the PFT cone of effect, or they push you away and send you flying. Thus your highest damage ability does squat because it's a stupid slow channel skill, and you linger at the bottom of the damage pile.

Pyro doesn't have that problem, but playing a three to four button class is enough to put you to sleep.

The flame thrower problem is solved when you practice your awareness. You clearly know what actions the enemy can take to stop it. The moment to use flame thrower is right after the enemy have done does actions.

Awareness doesn't stop a cc, a stun, a knock back, a pull, or a force leap. Not to be a jerk, but knowing about all of the above doesn't help or stop it.

Your best bet is hitting someone who is already stunned (not Mezzed!) either by you or someone else. Even then. Sometimes they break it to avoid the 8K+ damage. Electro dart is on a very long cooldown though.