The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Character Creation Bug

BlackAnvil

I bought the human hairstyles from the cartel market which was advertised as being useable in character creation or the appearance designer.

I have tried to create a new human female character for all classes on both republic and imperial side and the new haristyles are not selectable.

This is either a bug or false advertising in the cartel market.

I'm not a suspicious individual so I'm assuming it's a bug. :rolleyes:

After some further checking I notice in the appearance designer that a change of hairstyle or hair colour costs 40 cartel coins however if you switch to one of the unlocked styles/colours it's 240/180 cartel points respectively.

I sincerely hope that this is a bug too otherwise it is utterly ridiculous to charge both to unlock an item and charge you extra every time you use it.

Edited by BlackAnvil

I bought the human hairstyles from the cartel market which was advertised as being useable in character creation or the appearance designer.

I have tried to create a new human female character for all classes on both republic and imperial side and the new haristyles are not selectable.

This is either a bug or false advertising in the cartel market.

I'm not a suspicious individual so I'm assuming it's a bug. :rolleyes:

After some further checking I notice in the appearance designer that a change of hairstyle or hair colour costs 40 cartel coins however if you switch to one of the unlocked styles/colours it's 240/180 cartel points respectively.

I sincerely hope that this is a bug too otherwise it is utterly ridiculous to charge both to unlock an item and charge you extra every time you use it.

If you bought the unlock, you have to "use" it... otherwise the system won't know it's been unlocked. If this is a "duh I've already done that" then you should probably submit a ticket in game as it is probably local to your account. If this were a "bug" then the forums would be lighting up like crazy about it.

• 1 month later...
If you bought the unlock, you have to "use" it... otherwise the system won't know it's been unlocked. If this is a "duh I've already done that" then you should probably submit a ticket in game as it is probably local to your account. If this were a "bug" then the forums would be lighting up like crazy about it.

How do you "use" it during the creation process? The Cartel screen very specifically says it can be used DURING CREATION.

Never mind. I figured out that all you have to do is open your bag and right-click on the icon that's there. That activates it for everything without having to "use" it first. (Unless that's what you meant by "using it".