Makeb Quest Initiation

Duckfather

Hi

I started a new toon a while back and just hit lvl48. While flying to Correlia for that planets quest line this morning, I noticed a quest marker had appeared on my ships holoterminal. Clicking it started the whole Makeb quest line, flew my ship to Makeb and disembarked me without any option to decline!

Also, during the Makeb cutscene, certain spoilers were revealed about my class questline (I'm an Imp Inquisitor) which I haven't actually completed yet! (the spoiler wasn't a biggie, as it's pretty obvious, up to a point, what is going to happen at this late a level, just immersion breaking)

Shouldn't the Makeb questline only be offered after I've completed my class questline at least? Or after I reach lvl 50? (the Makeb quest was marked as lvl 51 and, as I previously stated, I'm lvl48, so it would have been pretty suicidal to run off and try it).

Or is this working as intended?

Same thing happened to me, well almost. I was lvl 47 leaving Voss. I've filled a bug report about it.

First I thought it wouldn't be a problem, until I realized that I now don't get any planetary commendations (on my "original" missions) due to this... Ergo, big problem since I want (need) those commendations.

Just happened to me at level 47. Finished Voss and noticed my holo terminal had a quest marker, clicked it and got the Makeb introduction quest which had an array of class quest spoilers (Inquisitor). I'm just glad this is my second Inquisitor, otherwise I'd have been so annoyed. This definitely needs changed to give some indication that there are huge spoilers.

Edit: I'm receiving Planetary Commendations as normal though.

Edited by Mooby