The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pay to win.

I’m a fan of the New achievement system introduced in 2.0 and can spend hours exploring, finding lore objects, killing stuff Et cetera, but when you make certain achievements only attainable though Cartel Coins you make the game pay to win. I like to collect and get titles before as many as people as possible in game, it’s a way of saying “Ha I’m better than you” without saying a word. I use the Cartel Market all the time but it’s purely for vanity Items NOT to pour cash into until items pop out I need to advance in game.

I don’t mind subscribing and have been one since game launch I wouldn’t even mind paying more a month if you would just STOP trying to twist, and squeeze every possible dollar you can from me. How much would it cost a month for you to leave me alone and make it to where I won’t ever have to spend another Cartel Coin again to play a new race, get a new companion, ship parts to play new space missions? I want to get speeders, titles, and pets from operations and quest rewards. Please, pretty please remove cartel market speeders, outfits, and titles from the achievement system or perhaps make them possible to get though PvP or questing? If the game remains pay to win they’ll be no reason to keep playing.

I'm still amazed people think you can "win" an MMO. The only winning condition in any MMO is your own personal achievements and accomplishments. However, I do understand that paying to gain something which would allow you to do Endgame content while others are left to grind it out, could be considered a "pay to win" scenario and should be avoided.

But the Achievement tracker, while it may grant you certain achievements for buying items off the Cartel Market, is not a pay to win situation. Its all vanity items anyway, especially the achievements themselves. Getting a title for completing an achievement (or even cartel coins for some) is nothing more than a vanity item in and of itself, you don't NEED that title to "win".

I’m a fan of the New achievement system introduced in 2.0 and can spend hours exploring, finding lore objects, killing stuff Et cetera, but when you make certain achievements only attainable though Cartel Coins you make the game pay to win. I like to collect and get titles before as many as people as possible in game, it’s a way of saying “Ha I’m better than you” without saying a word. I use the Cartel Market all the time but it’s purely for vanity Items NOT to pour cash into until items pop out I need to advance in game.

I don’t mind subscribing and have been one since game launch I wouldn’t even mind paying more a month if you would just STOP trying to twist, and squeeze every possible dollar you can from me. How much would it cost a month for you to leave me alone and make it to where I won’t ever have to spend another Cartel Coin again to play a new race, get a new companion, ship parts to play new space missions? I want to get speeders, titles, and pets from operations and quest rewards. Please, pretty please remove cartel market speeders, outfits, and titles from the achievement system or perhaps make them possible to get though PvP or questing? If the game remains pay to win they’ll be no reason to keep playing.

Following this logic.....

They should remove subscriptions too. Because subscribers are pay-to-win, and that's just unfair to F2P players.

On another topic, when I got the title "Uber Super Jedi Grandmaster", I became completely unbeatable in PvP and PvE. Since I bought the title on the Cartel Market, it must mean the game is pay-to-win.

/end sarcasm

The OP's logic is a little hard to follow, but this is what I gather from reading it:

1. OP is a completionist, and likes to do everything to do in the game, get every title, every achievement.

2. EA put achievements in the game for things in the Cartel Market.

3. Therefore the game is pay-to-win. Winning in this sense being "get every achievement"

Am I missing something? Which of these cartel "achievements" cannot be gotten by buying the items from other players on the GTN with in-game credits?